Small Business BC is a community-led resource. Without the contributions of our amazing seminar speakers, industry experts and writers, we wouldn’t be able to provide the services that we do. And, with the ever-changing small business landscape, we’re always seeking new contributors to share their valuable insights and write for us on the Small Business BC website.
What We Want
No matter your area of expertise, we’re seeking a wide range of knowledgeable business owners, aspiring entrepreneurs, and industry experts to write informative, insightful and interesting articles and blogs.
If you’ve ever wanted to share your thoughts and ideas with BC’s thriving entrepreneurial community, this is your big chance!
Please Note: Our website exists to support and inspire the BC small business community; we therefore only accept content from CANADIAN residents.
What You Receive
- Author Byline and Contributor Page: We will create a contributor page for you on our site with space for a short bio and photo. This bio can include links back to your personal website and social media
- Our Audience: In 2017, the Small Business BC website received over 8 million pageviews from business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs around British Columbia, your potential customers.
- Our Following: Articles and blogs we publish on the Small Business BC website are shared with our strong social media following; helping to grow awareness of your business with our engaged audience.
Our Blog Guidelines
For the purposes of our SEO (search engine optimization) and yours, we insist that all content written for Small Business BC is original and unique to our website. Ideally, a blog written by you would create a narrative based on personal business experiences that will provide helpful information for entrepreneurs to apply to their own business. The focus should always be on offering educational content for the reader in a friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable fashion.
Please note, while the blog is meant to express real life experiences, content should be informative and relevant to the BC small business community, as Small Business BC is a business resource centre.
- Friendly, professional and written in first person
- Includes clear, purposeful and educational information relevant to entrepreneurs and small business
- Examples are encouraged when suitable
- Between 300-600 words
- Uses subheadings to break up content
- Uses short paragraphs and bullet points
- Content is unique to Small Business BC
- Does not include the promotion, direct sale, endorsement or link back to a specific product, service or business
Please Note: Small Business BC retains the right to edit, update or remove submitted articles at any time.
Write for Us
If you’d like to contribute your business expertise to Small Business BC, visit our Write for Us page.