Helping your business access new markets.
What is the Export Navigator Pilot?
The Export Navigator pilot offers businesses access to community-based export specialists who can provide a personalized, step-by-step approach to exporting and help connect your business to the market information, export programs, financial services, and business development experts it needs at every stage of the process.
Who is Eligible?
Small and medium-sized businesses operating in the following six regions:
- Central & North Vancouver Island (Based in Port Alberni)
- Central Vancouver Island (Based in Comox)
- Cariboo (Based in Prince George)
- North Okanagan (Based in Vernon)
- Pacific Northwest (Based in Prince Rupert)
- Kootenay Boundary (Based in Nelson)
For businesses in the Lower Mainland and those outside of the service areas, there are resources to assist you with exporting. For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Export Navigator Services
- Expert advice and guidance throughout the entire process
- An export readiness assessment
- A business needs assessment
- Market entry strategy support
- Market tools and information
- Streamlined service connections to support services
Benefits of Expanding Your Markets
Diversifies Your Customer Base
Expanding to new markets increases the size of your target market, may broaden your product offering and offset seasonal fluctuations in sales.
Increased production generally leads to economies of scale and decreased cost per unit, which increases your profit margins.
Expanding to new markets fosters innovation in your goods and services, which enhances your competitiveness.
Upcoming Seminars Hosted by Export Navigator
Funding Programs for Reaching New Markets – November 26
Questions and Answers
Export Readiness Quiz
- Has your company received sales inquiries from outside of B.C.?
- Does your company have international business experience?
- Is your company’s management willing to dedicate time and money to develop a new market for a sustained period of time?
- Is your company willing to conduct market research?
- Does your company have excess production capacity or the ability to scale operations?
- Does your product or service have a competitive advantage (quality, price, innovation, etc.) over similar products in your target market?
- Is your company able to secure financing to adapt, ship, and market your product in your target market?
For services in your community, please contact
Community Futures Fraser-Fort George
Charles Scott at email@example.com
Central Vancouver Island Region
Community Futures Alberni-Clayoquot
Darrell Goertzen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Comox Valley Economic Development Society
Geoff Crawford at email@example.com
Kootenay Boundary Region
Community Futures Central Kootenay
Michael Hoher at firstname.lastname@example.org
North Okanagan Region
Community Futures North Okanagan
Connie Viszlai at email@example.com
Stuart Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pacific Northwest Region
Community Futures Pacific Northwest
John Farrell at email@example.com
Eli Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for Export Navigator updates and be the first to know when our free seminars are available.
The Export Navigator pilot project is a partnership, with support provided by the B.C. Government, the Federal Government, Small Business BC, Community Futures, and the Comox Valley Economic Development Society.