Welcome to Small Business BC’s website and social utility (collectively, “smallbusinessbc.ca” or the “Website”). The Website is operated by Canada/British Columbia Business Services Society. (“Small Business BC” or “We,” as further defined below). By accessing or using the Website or by posting a link on any website(s) owned or operated by or on behalf of you (“You” or “Your”), You signify that You have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions (these “Terms & Conditions” or this “Agreement”), whether or not You are a registered member of the Website. You are only authorized to use the Website (regardless of whether Your access or use is intended) if You agree to abide by all applicable laws and to this Agreement. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of these Terms & Conditions at any time without further notice. If We do this, we will post the changes to these Terms & Conditions on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after any such changes constitutes Your acceptance of the revised Terms & Conditions.
If You do not comply with this Agreement at any time, We reserve the right to cancel or terminate Your access to the Website (or any part thereof) and/or Your user account, if any. In Small Business BC’s sole discretion and without prior notice or liability, We may discontinue, modify or alter any aspect of the Website including, but not limited to, (i) restricting the time the Website is available, (ii) restricting the amount of use permitted, and (iii) restricting or terminating any user’s right to use the Website. You agree that any termination or cancellation of Your access to, or use of, the Website may be effected without prior notice. If You do not abide by the terms of this Agreement, You agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete Your user account, if any, and all related information and/or files in Your user account and/or bar any further access to such information and/or files and/or the Website (or part thereof). Further, You agree that We shall not be liable to You or any third-party for any termination or cancellation of Your access to, or use of, the Website. You acknowledge that Your only right with respect to any dissatisfaction with any modification or discontinuation of or to the Website, or any policies or practices by Small Business BC in providing the Website, including without limitation any change in content, is to cease using the Website and cancel or terminate Your registered user account, as applicable. Although Small Business BC does not constantly monitor the Website, it nevertheless expressly reserves the right to do so.
From time to time, We may supplement this Agreement with additional terms and conditions pertaining to specific content, activities or events (“Additional Terms”). Such Additional Terms may be placed on the Website to be viewed in connection with the specific content, activities, features or events and shall be identified as such. You understand and agree that such Additional Terms are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
Small Business BC controls smallbusinessbc.ca from its offices within the Province of British Columbia, Canada. The Website can be accessed from all provinces and territories of Canada and from other countries around the world. As each of these jurisdictions have laws that may differ from those of the Province of British Columbia, by accessing the Website, You agree that all matters relating to access to, or use of, the Website, or any other hyperlinked website, shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. You also agree and hereby submit to the non-exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Province of British Columbia and acknowledge that You do so voluntarily and are responsible for complying with all local laws.
Business Plan Review Contest Rules
Business Plan Review Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Business Plan Review Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of British Columbia, Canada, who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who did not purchase any equipment for purposes of entering the Promotion. Employees of Small Business BC and any of their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Promotion or production or distribution of promotional materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible.
- Sponsor: Small Business BC, 550-555 12th Ave W, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 3X7.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Promotion, the entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Promotion begins on January 3, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on January 17, 2024 at 11:59 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) (the “Promotion Period”). The Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
- To Enter: Follow @smallbusinessbc on Instagram; like the Win a Business Plan Review post; tag an entrepreneurial friend(s) in the comments.
- Winner Determination: Winners will be determined via the processes set forth below. Administrators will randomly select the potential prize winner from all eligible entries received on or around the contest draw date. Potential winners will be contacted through Instagram Direct Message after the date of the applicable drawing.
- Winner Requirements: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute, and returns the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential Contest winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be determined by another random selection. If, after three (3) attempts, a Contest winner is not confirmed, the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, city, province, likeness, Photo and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks or earlier after the end of the Contest.
- Prizes: Grand Prize Business Plan Review Session, Value $599.00, Date Drawn January 17, 2024 , TOTAL VALUE $599.00
- The winner will be manually booked for the business plan review by an SBBC Advisor, within one year of being awarded the prize. The review will be booked depending on SBBC Business Plan Advisor availability. Please note, this advisory support is reviewing your viable draft business plan available to review. Our advisors do not write the review for you. You can download our Business Plan Template And Cash Flow Forecasting Tool for free.
- The Released Parties are the Company, all current and former parents, subsidiaries, related companies, partnerships, or joint ventures, and, with respect to each of them, their predecessors and successors; and, with respect to each such entity, all of its past, present, and future employees, officers, directors, sponsors, owners, representatives, assigns, attorneys, agents, insurers, employee benefit programs (and the trustees, administrators, fiduciaries, and insurers of such programs), and any other persons acting by, through, under or in concert with any of the persons or entities listed in this subsection, and their successors.
Disclaimer: Website Content
The content featured on this website is intended for informational purposes only and is provided to you “as-is” without any warranty, whether express or implied. Your reliance on the information presented on this website is entirely at your own risk.
Links and references to any third-party tools, websites, or other materials are provided for your reference only. Such references do not imply an endorsement, and we are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any third-party materials.
Legal and Compliance Responsibility
You are solely responsible for:
(a) Seeking any advice, including legal advice, necessary for the operation of your business, including promotional activities.
(b) Ensuring that all promotional activities, including digital marketing, comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances will Small Business BC be liable to you or any other persons for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or any other damages based on any use of the information provided on this website in your business. This includes, without limitation, any lost profits or business opportunities.
By using this website, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of this disclaimer. If you do not agree with these terms, please refrain from using this website.
This disclaimer is subject to change without notice.
Certain portions, components, content and features of the Website are only available to individuals who register with Small Business BC and create a user account on the Website (each, a “Registered User”). If you are a Registered User then You agree to the following:
- In consideration of Your use of the Website, You represent that You are eighteen years of age (18) or older and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by any registration form(s) on the Website (the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Small Business BC has the right to suspend or terminate Your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website (or any portion thereof).
- Registered Users will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Website registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under Your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Small Business BC of any unauthorized use of Your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that You exit from Your account at the end of each session.
By submitting your order via the Website, you agree to pay the purchase price for the items you selected plus shipping and handling costs, and applicable sales tax, if any. We accept the following forms of payment for purchases made through the Website: Visa, Mastercard or store credit issued by Small Business BC.
Course registrations and appointment bookings are considered confirmed upon receipt of payment. Payments can be made online or in person. Registrations or bookings cannot be reserved without payment in full. Completion of an assessment form or submission of documentation may be required prior to an appointment and can only proceed once received, usually at time of booking.
Confirmation Email and Receipt
A confirmation email will be sent to you at the time of payment. This email serves confirmation of your course registration and/or appointment booking. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us to confirm your order details. The confirmation email also serves as a receipt for tax purposes.
Advisory General Disclaimer
Feedback provided by Small Business BC and its employees is not to be taken as legal advice. Small Business BC assumes no liability due to actions taken by clients as a result of feedback or commentaries. Reviews are not intended to be an endorsement, an evaluation or assessment of the viability of business success. Non-disclosure agreements are not signed; however, all confidentiality is assured.
Talk to an Expert
The Talk to an Expert Series is a program where industry experts provide advice to SBBC clients, but the experts do not engage in fee for service exchanges during the appointment. Small Business BC reserves the right to screen client inquiries to ensure that the nature of the client inquiry is advisory only. Small Business BC also reserves the right to limit the number of one on one expert sessions appropriately to ensure the advisory is not crossing over into fee for service transactions such as reviewing contracts or completing tax returns for example.
Cancellations and Refunds
Store credits will be issued in the amount of your original purchase less any applicable administration fees. Any store credit issued is non-transferable, non-refundable, have no cash value, and may only be redeemed towards future purchases. Store credit can only be applied towards products or services on www.smallbusinessbc.ca, including courses, advisory, and kits.
You must have registered for a user account at www.smallbusinessbc.ca in order to purchase products or services on our site. Products or services advertised for sale on our site can be purchased using store credit or by Visa or Mastercard payment.
You can check how much store credit you have received and accrued by logging into your account at any time after you have registered with us. Store credits expire after one year from issue.
Shipping and Delivery
We currently only ship to addresses in British Columbia, Canada. We charge a flat rate shipping fee of $10 per order. Orders are processed within 1-2 business days. Orders are shipped via Canada Post Regular Parcel™ service. Shipping times depend on your location. Canada Post estimates, but does not guarantee, 2-9 business days for domestic delivery.
We also offer a free pick-up option at our office, located at 550-555 W. 12th Ave Vancouver, BC. Orders will be ready for pick-up the following business day.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected] or at 1-800-667-2272.