Starting a Business: New Year, New Beginnings
A new year means new beginnings and a blank slate for your goals. If you’ve been considering starting your own business, now is the perfect opportunity to make it happen.
At Small Business BC, we’re British Columbia’s largest non-profit resource centre for entrepreneurs. We offer a range of business resources and tools for those starting a business and we’re proud to have helped thousands of small businesses start across our province.
Whether you’ve spotted a gap in the market, want to do something that you’re passionate about, or turn that side hustle into something longer term, we can help. On this page, we’ve gathered several resources to help you navigate those early start-up days. You bring the passion, we’ve got the support!
Start-Up Stories from our Community
Hear how Linda Adimora moved from Zimbabwe to BC to found a Fair Trade-friendly textiles company that's rich in culture and beautiful designs.
Andrea Dobbs is a trailblazer in BC's rapidly growing cannabis industry. Her Village Bloomery is working to smash the misconceptions surrounding the industry.
Paradis Wine & Spirits
Learn how Andrew Paradis leaned on Small Business BC's Business Plan Advisory service to start his dream business.
Other Valuable Start-Up Resources.
Starting a business isn’t something you should rush into – take your time and do your research – we’ve created some free business tools to help you assess your ideas and make sure you’re business ready.
- Download our free starting a business checklist
- Join our BC Marketplace – a FREE online hub for BC-based small businesses.
- Looking for financing? You’ll need a business plan – download our free template
- Deciding between a sole proprietorship, partnership and corporation? Find the right path for you
- Got an idea but not sure if it has business potential? Evaluate your idea with our great tool