How to Submit Your Application
Step 1: Review Eligibility Criteria and Project Description
- Thoroughly read the eligibility criteria on our website to understand the qualifying accessible services for the grant
- Project description includes detailed information regarding your Project, the barrier addressed, and how it specifically relates to improving accessibility for persons with disabilities in your workplace.
Step 2: Prepare all prerequisite information for form submission
- Gather your Contact Information, Business Information, Project Description, BC Business Registration Number, and an image or .pdf copy of your active Business License.
Step 3: Navigate to the Grant Application form and submit the form
- Once the form is submitted, our team will review and validate the information provided.
- To streamline applications, information should be as accurate and as detailed as possible.
- If applications with incomplete information are submitted, your business will be requested via email to provide further explanation. Applications with unverifiable or fraudulent information will be automatically rejected.
- Once confirmed, you will be notified that your application has been approved for spending up to the maximum grant amount.
Step 4: Complete your purchases and upload and submit your receipt(s)
- Once your project has been completed, you will be required to upload your proof of payment to receive grant funds.
- Receipts that do not meet requirements will be rejected.
- Receipts MUST include:
- Date(s) of Purchase (not earlier than April 1, 2021)
- Item(s) purchased – it should be clear from the document what has been purchased toward approved products and services under this grant
- Retailer/Seller Name and Address
- Amount of Purchase
- Retailer/Seller GST and PST (if applicable) registration number located on document
- Cannot be an unpaid invoice or quote
- Must be a PAID receipt showing payment method and proof of payment. If paid by credit card for example, it must show the card type and the last 4 digits of credit card
- Method of payment – Cancelled Cheque, EFT, Credit Card. No cash payments will be accepted.
- Please see example for acceptable receipts on the Application Requirements page
- Once the receipts have been received, our team will review the full Grant Application and follow-up if there are any discrepancies.
Step 5: Register as a payee in our SparcPay payment system
- Final funds will be processed through our EFT payment provider, Sparcpay (SparcBlock). You will be required to register a payee account in their EFT gateway, SparcPay, to receive any funds.
- You will be required to upload a void cheque or a bank form from your financial institution, in addition to submitting your business information
- Ensure your business bank account is identical to your application details. Payments will not be processed for payees that have banking information that is different from their application.
Step 6: Receive requested grant amount and close application
Once payment is released, your business will be notified by email of the payment.