Do you have business tips you think every business owner should know?
Do you keep up to date on the latest trends in business and want to offer your insight?
Have you had an interesting experience as a small business owner that you want to share?
What We Want
We’re seeking a wide range of business people to write informative, insightful and interesting articles and blogs for our website.
Whether you’ve just starting out or you’re an expert in your field, we have an opportunity for you to share your thoughts and ideas with the entrepreneurial community.
Please Note: Our website has been created to support and inspire the BC community; we therefore only accept content from CANADIAN residents.
What You Get
- Author Byline: Each article and blog will be attributed to you, the author, with a 60 word bio and photo which can include links back to your website or social media pages.
- Our Audience: Our website receives over 80,000 views per month from business owners around the British Columbia, your future customers.
- Our Following: Your content will also be shared with our strong social media following; helping to increase awareness of your business.
Our Blog Guidelines
Ideally, a blog post would create a narrative based on personal business experience that will provide helpful information for entrepreneurs and business owners that they can apply to their own business. They should include personal knowledge but the focus should be on offering educational content for the reader. For example, you could write about a business challenge that you faced and how you overcame it, and then give advice to the readers on how they can do the same.
Please note that while a blog is meant to express real life experience, content should be informative and relevant to a business audience, as Small Business BC is a business resource centre.
- Friendly, professional and written in first person.
- Includes clear, purposeful and educational information relevant to entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Between 300-600 words
- Uses subheadings to break up content
- Uses short paragraphs and bullets points
- Exact content cannot be published elsewhere on the internet
- Does not include the promotion, direct sale, endorsement or link back to a specific product, service or business
Please Note: Small Business BC retains the right to edit, update or remove submitted articles at any time.
Pitch your blog post idea below using the following form: