The numbers don’t lie. More and more young people are turning to a “side hustle” to supplement their income. The reasons for this are simple. As the costs of living rise, most of us don’t have the luxury of being able to quit our day job to pursue our entrepreneurial dreams. However, this doesn’t prevent those dreams from becoming a reality. Futurpreneur Canada is piloting their Side Hustle program Canada-wide, to help young entrepreneurs achieve their dreams in the evolving economy.
About the Program
Whether you’re an old hand at the side hustle game, or you’re taking the first steps to becoming a part-time entrepreneur, the Side Hustle pilot program is designed to help you in the following ways:
You can apply for up to $15,000 in loan financing to launch or to help grow your business.
You’ll be matched with an experienced mentor to use as a sounding board, to help build confidence and tackle your toughest challenges for up to two years.
You’ll learn valuable skills like business planning, marketing and cash flow management through online and in-person business resources.
To be considered eligible for the program, applicants need to satisfy the following criteria:
- You are a part-time entrepreneur aged 18-39; a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Currently have a side business (registered as a Sole Proprietor, Partnership or Incorporated; or willing to do so, during the application process)
- Earn steady income from traditional employment (aside from the business) to cover personal expenses – some of this may come from a spouse or household support
- Are interested in accessing financing (between $7,500 to $15,000) & two years of mentorship to grow your side hustle
Want to Learn More?
Join a free webinar to review program criteria, walk through the application process (with examples), and Q+A. Webinars are free and limited to 10 registrants. Register today for the next webinar:
- Wednesday, Feb 21st, 12:00PM – 12:45PM – sign up here.
Applications for the Side Hustle program close February 28th, and are limited to less than 100 spots across Canada. They will be considered on a first-received basis.
Get started today: email Humaira Hamid, Futurpreneur’s Business Development Manager in BC, if you think this program might be a fit for you.
Futurpreneur will host a live information + co-work session on Saturday, February 24th in Vancouver from 10AM – 1PM, for those who want input on finishing touches before submitting their application for the program. Details + registration can be found here.