Does your business prioritize the creation of an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workplace? If so, you should nominate yourself for the Untapped Awards.
Celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, the Untapped Workplace Inclusion Awards celebrate BC employers and individuals who lead in promoting cultural diversity, accessibility, and disability inclusion in the workplace. Nominations for these awards are open until September 11th, 2023, and it’s easy to nominate your business or a business you think deserves recognition.
For their 10th anniversary, the Untapped Awards are offering five categories.
- Individual Inclusion Champion (Individual or Leadership) – Significant change often begins with a single, motivated person. If you have prioritized inclusion in your workplace (or you know an individual who has), nominate now.
- Inclusive Culture Champion (Small Business 1-99 employees) – this category celebrates the small businesses that go above and beyond to foster an equitable and inclusive workplace. Nominees must operate in BC, with a maximum of 99 employees.
- Inclusive Culture Champion (Medium/Large Business, More than 100 employees) – a category for larger businesses investing in making a difference. Nominees must be in operation in BC.
- Inclusive Culture Champion – Non-Profit & Public Sector – this category celebrates government ministries, municipalities, post-secondary institutions, local health authorities, and non-profits. The ideal nominee has introduced innovative ways of employing people with disabilities.
- Inclusive Culture Champion – Social Enterprise – social enterprise champions know representation matters and demonstrate that through an inclusive workforce. Nominees must operate in Canada and have an embedded mission to achieve social, cultural, or environmental aims through their operations.
Untapped Awards Selection Process
So, how does the process work? Once businesses are nominated, an independent selection committee will review and score their submissions. This committee includes private and public sector representatives who have demonstrated leadership and excellence in championing cultural diversity, accessibility, and disability inclusion in the workplace.
Applications received after September 11th, 2023, will not be considered.
Nominate your business or a deserving business for the Untapped Awards, and help to celebrate the businesses taking a leadership role in making our province a more accessible and diverse place for all.