Welcome to How to Protect Your Intellectual Property
In the business world, trademarks, copyright, and patents are the main ways entrepreneurs can protect their intellectual property. With so much potentially on the line, how can you prove the work you create belongs to you? And, how can you safeguard against others copying your ideas?
In this course, you will get an overview on all things intellectual property from an intellectual property lawyer. You’ll discover why geography and jurisdiction matter, how to avoid disputes over trademarks, and how to avoid the common pitfalls of copyright protection.
- An explanation of the types of intellectual property and when your business should consider patent, trademark, copyright, or design protection
- How to apply lesson content and generate more distinctive trademarks for your business
- How to understand the distinction between common law and registered trademarks
- Why it is important to conduct a trademark clearance search before adopting a trademark
- The requirements for a valid transfer of copyright
- The types of intellectual property that require you to file for protection before making a non-confidential disclosure