The Open For Business Awards recognize and celebrate communities that best demonstrate they are promoting and adopting business friendly initiatives within their region. The Awards provide an important platform for local government to learn and share Best Practices, and showcase winning initiatives that have contributed to the success of local businesses.
For the Open For Business Awards, we invite and encourage communities of all sizes to tell your story, about how you are creating a Business Friendly environment within your community.
We are opening nominations to both the public and the community, and asking simply, why should your community win this award?
Case Study Submissions
Please also refer to the Best Practices Guide for preparing your community’s case study.
The next stage is to let our judges know what makes your community the best. Select one initiative that has been implemented in your community within the last three years that has had a meaningful impact on attracting, retaining and helping local businesses to success in your community.
Prepare a case study to tell a story about your initiative to the Roundtable and your peers.
Here are the guidelines of what to include in your Case Study:
- Background – what led up to the initiative, why was it developed? Target Audience – who is it aimed at?
- Objectives, goals and targets
- Process – how was it developed and implemented?
- Budget – what resources and costs were involved?
- Results – include both quantitative and qualitative
- Community feedback – what are people saying?
- Future – what might you implement in the future as a result of this initiative?
- Lessons learned
- Include pictures to tell your story in a compelling way