Do you have plans for Small Business Week yet? The annual entrepreneurship event brings together and celebrates small businesses across Canada, and this year, there are plenty of virtual and in-person events to join.
For 2023, Small Business Week is from Sunday, October 15, to Saturday, October 21. It’s the perfect time to join in the conversation about small business in BC, to network, learn, and become more inspired on your entrepreneurial journey.
Here are just a few events happening that are perfect for BC business owners:
Business Development Bank of Canada Events
The Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) organizes BDC Small Business Week annually. This year, they are having three virtual Small Business Week events:
- Small Business Week kickoff — Let’s talk solutions for today’s business challenges (October 17)
- Thinking Big, Supporting Small: Navigating Business Decisions with Data (October 18)
- Elevate Your Entrepreneurial Skills: A Fireside Chat (October 19)
BC Chamber of Commerce Events
The BC Chamber of Commerce will have its 2023 Small Business Week Summit from October 16 to 20, featuring four virtual sessions with inspiring conversations that address the challenges and opportunities that small businesses are facing.
- Making Sense of Today’s Economy: How Businesses Can Navigate Uncertainty & Find Opportunity (October 16)
- Transform your Organization with AI (October 18)
- Business and Reconcili-ACTION (October 19)
- Business as an Engine for Good: Growth, Resilience, Impact (October 20)
Small Business BC Events
In October, there are plenty of events happening at SBBC around Small Business Week, where you’ll get a chance to learn and network. First up, we have the free to attend Build. Grow. Thrive. on Thursday, October 5, in New Westminster. Then, on Wednesday, October 11, we have a Business Planning for Success Meet-Up at the SBBC offices.
There are also plenty of educational opportunities at SBBC in October that could make the perfect complement to Small Business Week, including:
- Small Business Insurance to Protect Your Company (October 4)
- Start Smart: Basics of Starting a Business – Package (October 11 and 18)
- How to Bring Clarity and Coherence to Your Team (October 17)
- Pricing Strategies for Small Business (October 24)
- How to Make Your E-commerce Business Profitable in the U.S. (October 26)
- Cash Flow Planning and Preparation for 2024 (October 26)
Small Business BC is Here to Help
SBBC is a non-profit resource centre for BC-based small businesses. Whatever your idea of success is, we’re here to provide holistic support and resources at every step of the journey. Check out our range of business webinars, on-demand E-Learning Education, our Talk to an Expert Advisories, or browse our business articles.