Please Note: This service is currently not being offered. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Do you have a great service or product, but aren’t familiar with intellectual property (IP) rights such as trademark, patent or copyright? Are you aware of the ways IP can protect your innovations and bring value to your business? Whether your business is just starting up or growing fast, learning from a Intellectual Property Lawyer will help you fill in the blanks.
Book a one-on-one consultation with our intellectual property expert. Find answers to specific questions or get some IP tips so you can gain and leverage IP information to build your brand securely.
List of topics can be discussed:
- What is intellectual property? Do I own any intellectual property?
- How do I create intellectual property, and protect it?
- What rights do I have with respect to my intellectual property?
- What do I do if someone infringes my intellectual property?
- How do I transfer ownership of my intellectual property?
- How do I licence my intellectual property?
- From a legal perspective (rather than business), how do I monetize my intellectual property?
- Do I have trademark protection?
- Pros and cons of trademark registration and copyright registration.
- Intellectual property ownership and contractors.
- General information about inventions and patents.
- Protecting trade secrets.
- Non-Disclosure Agreements and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Requirements for a trademark, a patent, and copyright.
These 30 minute sessions are booked in advance on a first come, first served basis. You can attend in person at Small Business BC’s Downtown Vancouver office, or via Skype/phone from anywhere in the province.