As the economy begins to re-open and we move into what will be the “new normal”, entrepreneurs will need to plan out their strategies for restarting and adapting their business to changing times. To help with this process, we’ve gathered key resources and supports available to business owners.
Small Business BC
Small Business BC provides a wide variety of resources and services to help entrepreneurs navigate the challenges from COVID-19
- Get answers about support available to businesses, through web articles, live-chat, email and phone support, in our one-stop B.C.Business COVID 19 Support Service
- Connect with experts and other small businesses to share insights on reopening strategies through our weekly Digital Meetups
- Learn about how your business can adapt through our COVID-19 Webinars
- Communicate that your’re open for business by listing in our Small Business Marketplace
- Get one-on-one advice with our Strategy Planning for Business Growth During COVID-19 and the New Normal Service
Government of BC
- View the Province’s outlined phases for reopening: BC’s Restart Plan
- Stay updated on all notices, orders and guidance from the Provincial Health Officer: Public Health and Safety Notices, Order and Guidances
- See COVID-19 resources from the Province: BC’s Response to Covid-19
- View a summary of Provincial and Federal benefits: Support for Businesses, Organizations and Industry
Government of Canada
- See a summary of Federal support for businesses: Canada’s Covid-19 Economic Response Plan
- Read WorkSafeBC’s health and safety information for the workplace: Covid-19 Safety Information
- Prepare your required COVID-19 Safety Plan by reviewing WorkSafeBC’s guide on Returning to Safe Operation; Including Industry Information
- See WorkSafeBC’s COVID-19 Safety Plan Template that will guide you through a six-step process to help you create your plan
- Know what to expect from WorkSafeBC’s inspections during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- View additional resources from WorkSafeBC including posters and signs: WorkSafeBC Forms & Resources
Advice and Tips
As businesses begin to reopen, there are simple steps they can take to preserve the health and safety of staff and customers. Here are some key considerations:
Whether your workplace is a store or an office, making an effort to rearrange the workplace can make a huge difference in the fight against COVID-19. Refer to this article for practical tips on how to maximize your efforts.
Personal Protective Equipment, whether it’s facemasks, plexiglass, or gloves, has been proven to help stop COVID-19 from spreading. This article contains information on the type of PPE that may be suitable for your business, and guidelines for correct usage.
Prior to COVID-19, nobody had heard the term social distancing stickers. Now, they’re ubiquitous in every store in our province. Discover the benefits of social distancing stickers, why they’re important and where they can be purchased.
Learn more about how COVID-19 spreads, and other general advice for keeping your workplace safe from COVID-19.
Find Out More
At Small Business BC, we’re committed to helping business owners reopen in a safe and successful way. Our Back to Business campaign features specific advice and guidance in the following areas:
- Operational Health & Safety
- Restart Strategy
- Marketing & Communications
Alternatively, visit our BC Business COVID-19 Support Service and connect with our Business Advisors to get answers to your specific questions on reopening.