Find your voice — write your unique story that sells!
Everyone has a story. Whether it is a drama, thriller, comedy, or horror, writing a screenplay is about finding your voice as a writer and writing your own unique story that will come alive through plays or movies. This book will show you the fundamentals that are essential to writing a compelling screenplay that will pull readers in, and sell, by using your own memoirs, or life, as a starting point.
Whether you are a hopeful wordsmith or a seasoned screenwriter looking for a new approach, you will find sound advice within these pages. Learn how to —
- Find your story using your own life
- Establish an effective schedule
- Plan, write, and revise your memoir-based screenplay
- Receive help from script consultants
- Find a market and sell your story
In addition to a sample screenplay, Writing Screenplays includes resources for further assistance in creating your successful story.