Start Smart: Basics of Starting a Business – Package
Your Guide to Starting a Business
Ready to turn your great idea into a business? Our Start Smart Package delivers the basics you need to get started on the road to success. This two-part series covers basics like business structures, how to register a business, employee standards, and how to ensure your start-up is tax compliant.
This package includes two live sessions and access to our Steps to Starting a Business in BC e-course.
Session 1 – November 8th 10:00am to 12:30pm – Hybrid *
Session 2 – November 15th 12:00pm to 1:45pm – Virtual only
*Registrants have the choice to join online or in-person at SBBC’s Vancouver office.
What Will I Learn?
Resources needed during the start-up phase
Understanding the business registration process
Basic requirements of starting a business
Basics of WorkSafeBC and your responsibilities as an employer
Tax compliance and how to handle BC provincial sales tax (PST)
This session is delivered online via Zoom and in-person at our Vancouver location (see Google Maps). A few tips to note:
- Registration closes 2 hours before the session start time.
- For virtual registrants, you will receive the Zoom link for the webinar twice: 24 hours before the start time and 1 hour before. For support with Zoom setup, click here.
- For in-person registrants, please arrive at the SBBC office at least 5 minutes before the start time to check in.
- Missed the live session? No problem. All registrants will receive access to the recording for seven days after the live session.
- Please contact us if you wish to switch your ticket type between virtual and in-person.