Location: Flexible (Within BC as travel required throughout the province)
Small Business BC is now accepting applications for a Regional Business Development Representative to be held on retainer for the term of April 2019 – March 2020. This contract position will provide part-time business outreach services for the Export Navigator program. This contract is estimated at an average of 15 to 25 hours per week and will, at times, require travel throughout BC.
Export Navigator is an economic development initiative that aims to help growth-orientated small and medium-sized businesses become successful, profitable exporters. The program provides coordination of existing regional, provincial and federal partners and their services to help BC businesses navigate the administrative and practical requirements of exporting. The program is administered by Small Business BC.
The Regional Business Development Representative will play a vital role in growing the Export Navigator program. This position will be responsible for identifying new clients and promoting the Export Navigator program throughout British Columbia by way of various outreach activities.
ROLE SPECIFICS – WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Lead generation and referrals for potential new program clients
- Develop and implement a regional client prospecting plan to engage businesses across BC
- Deliver information about the Export Navigator program to a variety of audiences
- Respond to inquiries from potential clients and assist with program intake
- Compile data and report on metrics of new client generation
- Recommend and evaluate new approaches to reach new clients
- Meet and report on client target numbers
- Responsible for the management and coordination of Export Navigator outreach activities
- Contacting (via phone or email) potential clients across B.C.
- Evaluate potential new outreach opportunities
- Consult with project team to ensure activities are reaching target audiences and contract deliverables
- Create outreach plan and schedule, revising on an as needed basis
- Attend various events including tradeshows throughout the province and deliver outreach presentations
- Monitor success of outreach events and collect information for metrics tracking
- Engage with local service providers in communities (e.g. Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Office, etc.) to assist with program implementation.
- Record and track travel expenses for reimbursement as per SBBC financial processes.
- Performs other job-related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS – WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 2 years’ experience business development, sales or outreach
- A degree or diploma in Business Administration or Commerce, International Trade, International Business Management, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, or an equivalent combination of education and business-related experience.
- Proven track record for driving and delivering results
- Demonstrated experience in public speaking, tradeshow preparation and presentations
- Proficiency of computer and organizational skills is required
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal and networking skills
- Experience in negotiation and developing partnerships
- Established network with small businesses and/or economic development in British Columbia an asset
- Familiarity with British Columbia including regional demographics and/or business profiles
- Ability to travel throughout British Columbia, which may include evenings and weekends
- Valid drivers’ license
Individuals who are interested should submit a cover letter, summary of related experience and hourly rate expectations