Bring your small business leadership and expertise to the Small Business BC Board of Directors!
Small Business BC is seeking applications from the small business community in British Columbia interested in assisting its Board of Directors to achieve its vision.
We are currently recruiting for two Board Members. These positions are currently available for two 2-year terms.
The Board Recruitment Committee, together with the Board, reviews the composition of the current Board, the skills of its Members and identifies areas of need to be met by incoming Board Members in relation to a nominee’s business size, industry, geographic location, skill sets and interests.
Industry: Technology, Agrifoods, Export/Manufacturing.
Region: Vancouver Island, Greater Vancouver and Fraser Valley, Whistler, Sunshine Coast.
You have experience starting, owning or building a small business in British Columbia and understand the challenges faced and resources needed to be successful, including:
- Knowledge of the community Small Business BC serves.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and strategic directions.
- Good standing in the British Columbia business community.
- Experience with and/or openness to learning the Carver Governance Model.
- Commitment to attending board meetings and AGM.
- Owner and/or previous owner of a Small Business in British Columbia (<50 employees).
Board Members are voted or appointed to the Board at the Annual General Meeting, and the terms are as follows:
- Maximum two 2-year terms, unless you are elected to either Vice-Chair or Chair position.
- If you are elected as Chair, you are eligible for one additional 2-year term.
Five hours+ per month for meetings, preparation, consultation and attendance at Small Business BC events, two Board Meetings per year, one to two additional workshops as required, training for Carver Governance and attendance at the AGM.
- Nominations must be submitted to the Board Recruitment Committee at email@example.com by 5:00 pm PST on November 15th, 2018. Nominations will close at this time.
- Please attach your resume and bio to your nomination form.
- Please submit two letters of reference to accompany your nomination. The reference may be from any organization or person(s) that can speak to your experience and leadership with respect to the qualifications identified above.
- Following the collection and review of the nominee’s information by the Board Recruitment Committee, candidates whose profiles most closely match the requirements of the current Board needs will be contacted for interviews with the Board Recruitment Committee and the Board Chair (via video interviewing/conference call).
- Based on the information gathered and the predetermined needs of the Board, the Board Recruitment Committee will recommend to the SBBC Board the slate of potential nominees for that year.
- Successful nominees will be contacted and invited to the Board meeting in 2018 to be voted onto the Board of Directors for an initial 2-year term.
- All nominees will be contacted by the Board Recruitment Committee to be informed of the status of their nomination and to see if they would be interested in applying for a Board position in the future.