Location: Vancouver (currently remote due to COVID-19)
Small Business BC is seeking a motivated and talented Project Analyst to join our growing Special Projects department. The Special Projects department focuses on opportunities outside of the core daily operations of the organization and is mainly comprised of two main programs: The Export Navigator Program, a program that pairs free expert trade advice with BC businesses looking to expand their markets beyond BC, and Bizmap, a market research tool that presents area-specific information to help communities to grow. Our ideal candidate is tech savvy with a blend of business analysis and project management skills. This individual will be adept at balancing individual and cross-functional collaborative work and does not shy away from a challenge.
This position is for a one year contract with potential for extension contingent on continued program funding.
Small Business BC is a non-profit organization that is here to help British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses. We celebrate and champion the thriving small business community within BC. We are supported by funds from Western Economic Diversification Canada and the BC Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development and Competitiveness.
Reporting to the VP Strategic Projects, this position will be responsible for a range of activities including: project planning and implementation, analyzing existing business systems and processes, Salesforce CRM administration, stakeholder reporting and data analysis. This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic and innovative team working hard to make a difference in the small business community.
The Project Analyst develops, plans and implements projects within the Strategic Projects Department that serve Small Business BC’s operational and strategic goals. This position also identifies enhancement opportunities of existing business applications and processes and implements these improvements in collaboration with relevant team members.
1. Identifies opportunities for improvement and/or enhancements opportunities of existing business applications and processes
- Plans and implements resulting projects with relevant team members
- Develops training plans and user guides and other relevant documentation following business improvements and/or changes
- Delivers training and onboarding, both individually and in a group as needed
- Provides information around best practices in the CRM business process and make recommendations to management regarding implementation and change management
- Acts as a power user for applications and tools and help with end user setup, support, and troubleshooting
2. Develops reports and dashboards and manages the overall quarterly reporting process
- Collects, analyzes and consolidates data from multiple sources into meaningful and reportable metrics
3. Provides oversight and support for various projects within the Special Projects Department
- Develops project plans, including scope, budget, schedule, and project team responsibilities
- Monitors project progress to ensuring cost effectiveness and risk mitigation, implementing specific strategies as needed
- Ensures key results are achieved in accordance with the project plan by analyzing current business systems and processes, formulating recommendations/options, and supporting members of the project in reaching decisions that are within project scope and timelines
- Ensures that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan
- Liaises with stakeholders and consultants to prioritize and develop business and technical requirements and deliver work as outlined in project plan
- Monitors project budget(s) and provide budget analysis and reporting for projects
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, business management, data science, computer science, statistics or an equivalent blend of education and experience
- A minimum 3 years’ related work experience in business analysis and project management
- Experience with Salesforce.com administration, configuration and custom development, including back-end experience and integrations
- Exceptional data analysis and report writing experience
- Experience with the MS Office suite, specifically exceptional MS Excel skills
- Experience with programs such as Microsoft SharePoint, Tableau, Asana or similar.
- Experience working with multi stakeholder initiatives and demonstrated experience working in dynamic, and iterative environments.
- Excellent problem solving, risk management, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent writing skills and proven ability to develop clear, concise and comprehensive written reports
- Logical and efficient with keen attention to detail
- Project Management experience and training such as certification or candidate for certification (CAPM, PMP) considered an asset
- Experience working with government and/or small business/entrepreneurship
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and relations
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign
- Ability to speak and write in additional languages (French, Mandarin, Farsi, Spanish)
What we can offer you
- BCGEU Level: Range 18, step 1 $2135.68 bi-weekly (non-negotiable); Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union.
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months including extended health and dental coverage and Group RRSP contributions
- Paid vacation time and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks
- Be a part of a dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone inquiries please.
Small Business BC is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your accessibility needs.