Location: Vancouver (Currently remote due to COVID-19)
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
- Develops and executes the marketing strategy for SBBC to support its operational objectives
- Development, oversight and delivery of promotional activities in collaboration with the relevant departments.
- Provides strategic leadership to the Communications, Content, Events, Design and Web team.
- Responsible for managing a team of staff including performance management, coaching and/or discipline when required, as well as hiring and training new employees.
- Manages the budgets and contracts for all marketing materials and services.
- Oversees graphic design elements for all marketing materials
- Develops, and oversees advertising strategies to increase SBBC awareness and customer base
- Responsible for the SBBC website – including development and support
- Collaborates with other departments to develop and execute marketing strategy for all SBBC’s products and services; oversees and leads the strategic development, execution, and improvement of all marking plans
- Collaborates with teams to develop content to support campaigns, including (but not limited to): e-mail, web, content, social media, video, and printed/digital assets
- Collaborates with senior management to develop and execute surveys of the small business community to assess their business needs and challenges.
- Creates operations procedure for marketing business processes and brand development strategy
- Monitors and reports marketing metrics; analyzes marketing campaigns and makes recommendations for enhancing effectiveness.
- Promotes the products and services of SBBC by delivering various outreach activities and partnership initiatives, such as tradeshows, events and standardized presentations to stakeholders in the community
- Performs related job-related duties as assigned.
- A degree in Marketing, Communications or Business, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of marketing/communications experience, with a focus on strategy, planning and implementing integrated digital and traditional marketing communications campaign programs.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and supervising a team, a minimum of 3 years is preferred.
- Ability to manage a marketing team across functions including web, digital marketing, sponsorships, events and internal/external communications
- Strong proficiency in digital marketing – including website management, analytics and content marketing.
- Experience in event strategy and execution
- Experience creating and editing written content for a variety of marketing and communications channels, including media, website, email/e-blasts and social media
- Campaign experience with software and online tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, YouTube, WordPress, AdWords, Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) and online email marketing solutions, such as MailChimp
- Entrepreneurial and builder mindset: maintains a “roll-up-your-sleeves”, goal-oriented and solutions focused attitude to all internal and external initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills, with ability to develop contacts
- Ability to manage multiple large complex projects with tight timelines.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Current knowledge of social media and digital marketing tools, insights, trends and best practice industry standards
- An eye for detail and appreciation of branding consistency in marketing materials
- Comfortable with public speaking and presentations
- Experience in graphic design is an asset
- Knowledge of SEO/UX/UI/CRO, especially in relation to WordPress, is considered an asset
- Ability to speak and write in additional languages (French, Mandarin, Farsi, Spanish) considered an asset
- Competitive compensation based on education and experience
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months including extended health and dental coverage and Group RRSP contributions
- Paid vacation time and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks
- Be a part of a young and dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community