Status: Permanent, Full-time Employee
Location: Vancouver, BC
Small Business BC is British Columbia’s premier resource centre for knowledge-based business products and services. We provide entrepreneurs and business owners with tools, education, and resources that will assist their successful entry into small business ventures. Learn more about our organization here.
We are looking for a talented, driven, and creative Marketing Manager to lead our marketing and communications team, help our organization grow, and expand our reach in BC’s small business community.
The Marketing Manager demonstrates effective leadership skills that will drive the strategy and execution of all marketing related activities for the organization, including the marketing of products, services, programs, event strategy, and execution. They will have professional experience in cross-platform digital marketing and strive to ensure that all marketing initiatives contribute to Small Business BC being a valuable and positive member of the BC small business community. This role supervises a dynamic team of dedicated professionals committed to providing the highest quality products and services.
JOB SPECIFICS – WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Develops and executes the marketing strategy for SBBC to support its operational objectives
- Development, oversight and delivery of promotional activities in collaboration with the relevant departments.
- Provides strategic leadership to the Communications, Content, Events and Outreach team.
- Responsible for managing a team of staff including performance management, coaching and/or discipline when required, as well as hiring and training new employees.
- Manages the budgets and contracts for all marketing materials and services.
- Oversees graphic design elements for all marketing materials
- Collaborates with other departments to develop and execute marketing strategy for all SBBC’s products and services; oversees and leads the strategic development, execution, and improvement of all marking plans
- Collaborates with teams to develop content to support campaigns, including (but not limited to): e-mail, web, blog, social media, video, and printed/digital asset
- Collaborates with senior management to develop and execute surveys of the small business community to assess their business needs and challenges.
- Creates operations procedure for marketing business processes and brand development strategy
- Monitors and reports marketing metrics; analyzes marketing campaigns and makes recommendations for enhancing effectiveness.
- Promotes the products and services of SBBC by delivering various outreach activities and partnership initiatives, such as tradeshows, events and standardized presentations to stakeholders in the community
- Performs related job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A degree in Marketing, Communications or Business, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of marketing/communications experience, with a focus on strategy, planning and implementing integrated digital and traditional marketing communications campaign programs.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and supervising a team, a minimum of 3 years is preferred.
- Ability to manage a marketing team across functions including web, digital marketing, sponsorships, events and internal/external communications
- Experience in event strategy and execution
- Experience creating and editing written content for a variety of marketing and communications channels, including media, website, email/e-blasts and social media
- Knowledge of market research techniques and experience in developing, administering and analyzing surveys and survey results
- Campaign experience with software and online tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, YouTube, WordPress, AdWords, Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) and online email marketing solutions, such as MailChimp
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills, with ability to develop contacts
- Ability to manage multiple large complex projects with tight timelines.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Current knowledge of social media and digital marketing tools, insights, trends and best practice industry standards
- An eye for detail and appreciation of branding consistency in marketing materials
- Comfortable with public speaking and presentations
- Experience in graphic design is an asset
- Knowledge of SEO/UX/UI/CRO, especially in relation to WordPress, is considered an asset
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- 100% Paid Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months of continuous employment
- RRSP matching contributions
- Entitled to one flex day (paid day off) every three weeks
- To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com No phone inquiries please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.