Status: Permanent, Full-time Employee
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Marketing and Communications Coordinator who enjoys identifying and sharing compelling stories to match audience interests. The ideal candidate is an exemplary writer, understands how and when to use digital media and knows how to build and maintain effective communications plans.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this position will be responsible for recommending approaches, planning, implementing and evaluating high-quality communications materials on behalf of SBBC.
- Develops strategies to maximize SBBC’s brand exposure in the media;
- Prepares responses to and/or responds directly to media inquiries with relevant, accurate and timely information;
- Tracks and compiles press coverage for regular media reports that are distributed to the company
- Coordinates communications activities with both Federal and Provincial Public Affairs Bureaus in accordance with SBBC’s contribution agreements.
- Works with Marketing Manager to design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Generates, edits, publishes and shares engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Works with Marketing Manager to lead and direct SBBC’s communications strategy
- Writes content for company updates and newsletters
- Analyzes campaign performance and suggests improvements
- Coordinates communications activities related to events
- Works with Marketing Manager to source, secure and manage external speakers
- Manages the planning and execution of various speaker related logistics, including the creating of all speaking notes for presenters and emcees.
- Proofreads all content and communications published by SBBC, to ensure brand consistency
- Assists the VP Operations and CEO with the compilation and editing of quarterly and annual reports for external stakeholders of SBBC
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as required.
- A diploma or degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or Marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and business-related experience.
- Minimum two to three (2-3) years of direct related work experience.
- Experience in working for a Not-for-Profit organization is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience working with professional groups, government agencies, special interest groups, and service providers.
- Proven and working knowledge in developing, managing, implementing, and evaluating communications and public relations strategies.
- Knowledge of local (BC) traditional and online media relations.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Farsi).
What We Can Offer You
- BCGEU Level: Range 18, step 1 $2012.57 bi-weekly (non-negotiable)
(Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union)
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months.
- Benefits include 100% premiums paid by SBBC for MSP, Extended and Dental health, Group RRSP contributions and one paid day off, ‘Flex Day’ every three weeks
- Be a part of a young and dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community