Posting Date: January 17th, 2020
Status: Permanent, Full-time Employee
Location: Vancouver, BC
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2020
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Marketing and Communications Coordinator who naturally enjoys identifying compelling stories to match audience interests; is an exemplary writer; understands how and when to use digital media; and knows how to build and maintain communications plans.
You have a proven track record of delivering multiple marketing projects to deadlines, reporting on their impact and making strategic decisions based on their results. We are looking for someone with a positive and innovative approach who is always on the hunt for new strategies, opportunities and technologies to reach new and existing audiences.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this position will responsible for a range of marketing activities including: marketing campaigns, social media, media relations, email marketing on behalf of SBBC.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic and innovative team working hard to make a difference in the small business community. We’re looking for a marketing all-rounder with a positive attitude.
Job Specifics – What Will You Be Doing?
- Lead the creation and execution of targeted marketing campaigns that promote SBBC services to new and existing audiences.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to develop the campaign strategy and calendar, based on the company operational plan, for the year ahead.
- Report and measure the success of the campaigns using a range of online and offline tools.
- Develop media strategies to maximize SBBC’s brand exposure in the media.
- Prepare responses to and/or respond directly to media inquiries with relevant, accurate and timely information.
- Build partnerships with other affiliated businesses and organisations to increase awareness of resources for businesses in BC.
- Track and compile press coverage for regular media reports that are distributed to the company.
- Coordinates communications activities with both Federal and Provincial Public Affairs Bureaus in accordance with SBBC’s contribution agreements.
- Generate, edit, schedule and share engaging content regularly on all of SBBC’s channels – including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIN and Youtube. (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Work with Marketing Manager to implement a social media strategy aligned with key business goals.
- Create and manage our social advertising budget and delivery for our events, campaigns and services.
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop the current email communications strategy
- Create engaging content for our bi-monthly e-newsletters with high value content for the SBBC e-newsletter subscribers.
- Write and build optimised and automated newsletter campaigns based on user interests, behaviour and preferences using an email platform.
- Analyze campaign performance and optimise accordingly to improve open rates and click through rates.
- Works with Marketing Manager and Events Coordinator to coordinate communications related to our events – including sourcing, securing and managing external speakers.
- Execute marketing plans across our channels to promote our events.
- Manage the planning and execution of various speaker related logistics, including the creating of all speaking notes for presenters and emcees.
- Proofread all content and communications published by SBBC, to ensure brand consistency
- Assists the VP Operations and CEO with the compilation and editing of quarterly and annual reports for external stakeholders of SBBC.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as required.
- A diploma or degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and business-related experience.
- Minimum two to three (2-3) years of direct related work experience
- Experience in working for a Not-for-Profit organization an asset
- Demonstrated experience working with professional groups, government agencies, special interest groups and service providers
- Proven and working knowledge in developing, managing, implementing and evaluating communications and public relations strategies
- Knowledge of local (BC) traditional and online media relations
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi)
What We Can Offer You
- BCGEU Level: Range 18, step 1 $2093.81 bi-weekly (non-negotiable); Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union.
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months including extended health and dental coverage and Group RRSP contributions
- Paid vacation time and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks
- Be a part of a young and dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community