Location: Remote due to COVID-19
Status: Full-time, one year contract with potential for extension
- Assists the Marketing Coordinator in the development and creation of a wide range of communication and marketing materials, including blog posts, newsletters, advertising copy, and web/ social content.
- Designs and produces various promotional material for webinars and seminars
- Assists with content creation for Special Projects’ social media channels
- Creates shareables and flyers using existing design templates.
- Contributes to the development and design of digital presentations and reports
- Performs basic website updates and identifies opportunities to improve the design, functionality, and usability of the website, in line with program objectives.
- Adheres to brand identity guidelines to ensure a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Implements SEO best practice and link building strategies – including conducting keyword research, improving web copy, and benchmarking web performance.
- Supports Marketing Coordinator on deliverables with various marketing campaigns (channels include print, digital, broadcast and potentially more)
- Assists with the preparation of advertising and collateral pieces (including but not limited to brochures, flyers, rack cards, print and digital ads)
- Supports other communication, marketing and web functions related to SBBC Special Projects
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, Business Management, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, or Commerce, or an equivalent combination of education and business related experience
- Experience in business administration and/or marketing
- Experience with working in an office environment, and managing confidential material and information with discretion
- Excellent writing abilities
- Strong communication skills (in-person, email, telephone)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, Outlook, CRM
- Experience using Content Management System such as WordPress, and with email marketing programs (ie. Mail chimp) is an asset
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills, follow-through and ability to juggle competing priorities with limited supervision
- Highly organized and able to work within prescribed deadlines
- Keen interest in media and marketing for non-profits
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Farsi)
What we can offer you
- BCGEU Level: Range 11, step 1 $1756.83 bi-weekly (non-negotiable); Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union.
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months including extended health and dental coverage and Group RRSP contributions
- Paid vacation time and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks
- Be a part of a young and dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community