Posting Date: Wednesday, March 13th, 2019
Status: Permanent, Full-time Employee
Location: Vancouver, BC
Small Business BC is a not-for-profit organization with the mandate to provide entrepreneurs with products and services that will assist their successful entry into small business ventures and to provide small businesses at every stage of development with products, services and support that assist in development and growth.
We are seeking a motivated individual with a passion for sponsorship and business development to join our vibrant team. Reporting to the VP, Operations, this position is responsible for all business development activities; sourcing, prospecting and closing sponsorship opportunities; delivering high sales support to increase SBBC’s sponsorship revenues and maintain and grow existing relationships with clients.
JOB SPECIFICS – WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Maintains relationships with current sponsors and ensures that their expectations are being met
- Lead generation and referrals for potential sponsors
- Drafts all contracts and agreements for sponsors
- Collaborates with other SBBC departments regarding sponsorship opportunities and execution of contract deliverables
- Assists in the creation of sponsorship package materials
- Manages the SBBC web advertisement accounts and in-kind contracts
- Records all revenues in the Business Development department for quarterly and end-of-year reporting as well as tracks department budgets
- Responds to phone, email and written enquiries from potential clients and current stakeholders
- Assists in SBBC presentations, tradeshows, and outreach events – some travel may be required
- Leads product and program development for SBBC sponsorable offerings
- Performs other job-related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS – WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A degree or diploma in Sales and Marketing, Business Management, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, or Commerce, and extensive sales administration experience, or an equivalent level of education and business related experience
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience in business development, sponsorship or partnerships
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing contracts and sponsorship agreements
- Demonstrated experience working at a colleague working level with professional groups, government agencies, special interest groups and service providers
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and working with a CRM system an asset
- High attention to detail and strong organizational abilities
- Able to work in team environment and independently
- Comfortable with public speaking & presentations is an asset
- General knowledge of a wide variety of business subjects & an entrepreneurial mindset
- Valid BC Driver’s License
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to work cross functionally on a variety of projects in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- Comprehensive benefits package after 3 months of continuous employment
- Employer RRSP matching contributions
- Paid flex day off every three weeks
- No phone inquiries please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- We will commence reviewing applications on March 25, 2019 and the posting will stay open until filled.