Status: Temporary (12-Month contract)
Location: Vancouver, BC (Currently Remote)
Small Business BC is looking for an organized and tech-savvy Program Assistant to join our team. The Program Assistant serves as the information ‘hub’ for the Export Navigator program. This highly administrative position provides assistance to the Director of Program Operations, Program Manager, Export Advisors and other program stakeholders, and is well suited for someone who is an exceptional communicator and enjoys multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
The Program Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to all aspects of the Export Navigator Program, including coordination of meetings, workshops, and educational seminars. This role is also responsible for virtual and in-person outreach and event support, as well as administration of surveys and other office administration.
This position is for a one year contract with potential for extension contingent on continued program funding.
Small Business BC is a non-profit organization that is here to help British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses. We celebrate and champion the thriving small business community within BC. We are supported by funds from Western Economic Diversification Canada and the BC Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development and Competitiveness.
The Export Navigator Program offers businesses access to community-based export specialists who can provide a personalized, step-by-step approach to exporting and help connect businesses to the market information, export programs, financial services, and business development experts it needs at every stage of the process.
1. Coordinate program meetings and workshops for internal staff and external stakeholders;
- Coordinate meeting and small event logistics such as scheduling, set up, catering, technology testing and materials preparation
- Coordinate and schedule travel itineraries
- Book, record, and track travel expenses for the program team
- Record and edit meeting minutes for distribution to stakeholders
2. Coordinate export-related educational seminars
- Schedule seminars with the SBBC Education team, Program Manager & guest speakers
- Assist with coordination of presentations
- Coordinate development and distribution of marketing materials related to the seminars
- Room and technology set up and troubleshooting
- Administer post seminar follow up
3. Support Virtual and In-person Outreach & Events
- Assist with the preparation of materials for outreach & events
- Promote Export Navigator by participating in selected outreach activities
- Research and coordinate outreach opportunities
- Maintain outreach calendar for the program
- Support Export Advisors with regional workshop preparation as needed.
4. Administer Client Surveys:
- Coordinate and administer the quarterly client survey using Salesforce and calling clients to gather information
- Conduct ongoing data integrity and quality checks, educating users on best practices when applicable
- Assist with production of quarterly and annual reports, including data collection and collation
5. Technology and Human Resources Support
- Troubleshoot technology issues and liaise with tech support
- Coordinate and maintain appropriate technology licenses
- With guidance, provide administrative support for the onboarding and offboarding process of staff, contractors, and Export Advisors
6. Other Office Administration
- Maintain electronic and physical filing systems, including the Salesforce Library
- Update program documents including templates, contact lists, policies, guidelines, handbook, and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinates the development, ordering and distribution of all program materials (business cards, brochures, workbooks, banners & other collateral) in collaboration with the Export Navigator team
- Provide general assistance to team members on various activities/requests
7. Provide ongoing information and services support to Export Advisors
- Coordinate and communicate with Export Advisors on administrative requests
- Provide support with basic technology and other troubleshooting requests
8. Perform other job-related duties as required
- A diploma in Business Management, International Business, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, or Commerce, or an equivalent blend of education and business-related experience
- Demonstrated experience in business administration, and program coordination
- Experience with working in an office environment, coordinating schedules and appointments and managing confidential material and information with discretion
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, email, telephone)
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook)
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Salesforce is considered an asset
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong organization skills and high attention to detail
- Experience with data collection and report writing
- Experience with, or knowledge of, international trade subjects is an asset
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and government relations is an asset
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Farsi)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- BCGEU Level: Range 11, step 1 $1756.83 bi-weekly (non-negotiable); Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union.
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months including extended health and dental coverage and Group RRSP contributions
- Paid vacation time and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks
- Be a part of a young and dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community
To apply for this position, please click the button below.
No phone inquiries please. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Small Business BC is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please email email@example.com to discuss your accessibility needs.