Status: Contract Position, 30-35 hours per week
Location: BC (home based) with some travel within BC.
Small Business BC is now accepting applications for an Export Advisor. This contract position will be responsible for increasing visibility and awareness of Export Navigator among youth-owned businesses in BC and supporting them in entering new markets.
The Export Navigator Program offers businesses in non-metropolitan areas of BC access to community-based export specialists who can provide a personalized, step-by-step approach to exporting and help connect businesses to the market information, export programs, financial services, and business development experts it needs at every stage of the process. This program also recognizes the important value of nurturing youth entrepreneurs and helping more of them grow and succeed internationally.
- Be motivated and proactive to seek out youth-owned companies and opportunities throughout BC to promote the Export Navigator Program
- Act as an advisor and coach to youth-owned businesses to assist them through the exporting process
- Take clients through an export-readiness diagnostic, and work with them through the Export Navigator process
- Promote the benefits of exporting as a way for a company to grow and diversify across borders inter-provincially and internationally.
- Identify and participate in select events targeting youth-owned businesses across industry sectors
- Engage and maintain ongoing relationships with key organizations and propose outreach programs and activities
- Provide expertise to support the development of tailored/customized service offerings, such as webinars and manuals as required
- Understand the broad ecosystem of like minded organizations supporting youth businesses in BC, identifying trends and sharing intelligence observed in the market for the purpose of developing strategies
- Have a flexible schedule and can travel to meet with clients
- Fulfill the tracking and reporting requirements of the Program
- Minimum of 5 years of business development experience in international business and/or financial services, or related experience
- Knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- Excellent communication skills and public speaking experience
- Sales experience, especially exporting products/services to other jurisdictions, provinces or countries.
- Strong Research and reporting skills
- Demonstrated experience coaching and/or delivering training
- BC Driver’s license
- Business owner or corporate management experience in business expansion and diversification
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations regarding exporting
- Experience with Salesforce an asset
- Experience working in a remote team environment an asset
Competitive compensation is available based on experience. Training provided and ongoing support from the Export Navigator Program.
How to Apply
Individuals who are interested should submit a cover letter, summary of related experience and hourly rate expectations when applying using the link below.