Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Full-Time, Permanent, Union Excluded Position
ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS BC
PROJECT DUTIES AND TASKS
- Acts as main liaison between the executives, internal colleagues, and external stakeholders.
- Functions as an executive assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and through them, the Board of Directors, with access to confidential and sensitive information.
- Attends Board meetings and records, edits, and distributes meeting minutes to appropriate stakeholders
- Organizes and coordinates logistics for the Annual General Meeting.
- Coordinates logistics for meetings and workshops for internal staff, Board of Directors, and external stakeholders;
- Coordinates meetings and small event logistics such as scheduling, set up, catering, technology testing and materials preparation
- Coordinates and schedules travel itineraries
- Books, records, and tracks travel/expenses for the executive team
- First point of contact for correspondence directed to Senior Leadership Team and responds to request for information.
- Produces and/or maintains confidential materials such as reports, presentations, memorandums, formal correspondences, and briefing notes, and related documents for the CEO, Senior Leadership Team and the Board.
- Produces reports and presentations for distribution to staff and external partners.
- Responsible for creating, distributing, and archiving staff and leadership team meetings agendas and minutes.
- Prepared regular task updates to be addressed and dealt with.
- Coordinates production of Annual Report and contributes to the preparation of the annual audit.
- Ensures By-Law updates and related administrative tasks are completed.
- Supports financial management by processing contracts, invoices, expense sheets, and documents for approval and filing.
- Assists in preparation of and overseeing the administrative budget.
- Responsible for tracking inventories, monitoring expenditures, coordinating vendor services (IT, janitorial, etc.) and ordering of equipment, furniture, and supplies.
- Oversees office security, maintenance, cleanliness, and liaises with landlord, building management, various trades, and vendors to resolve building maintenance issues. Liaises with sub-tenants to respond to inquiries, manage meeting room reservations/rentals; resolve building-related issues.
- Creates and maintains efficient electronic and physical filing systems, and maintains board, committee, staff, stakeholder, and contractor contact lists.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, or Commerce, or an equivalent combination of education and business-related experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with high level administrative support and/or in an office environment, coordinating schedules and appointments, writing reports, taking minutes and managing confidential material and information with discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook)
- Knowledge of how to source information on government regulations and resources.
- Entrepreneurial mindset an asset.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, multi-task and manage time in a high volume, fast paced, demanding environment;
- Motivated self-starter, willing to take initiative, with proven problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Strong public speaking/teaching skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed and/or work occasional evenings or weekends.
- Familiarity with non-profit sector and knowledge of basic legal principles of business considered an asset.
- Strong customer service acumen and affinity for researching and finding the correct information to provide to clients.
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months including extended health and dental coverage and Group RRSP contributions
- Paid vacation time and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks.
- Be a part of a young and dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community!