Reports to: Senior Marketing & Communications Manager
Status: Full-Time, 1-Year Contract
ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS BC
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS
- Works cross-functionally and leads reformation of our digital infrastructure and ensures efficient, effective problem solving and issue resolution.
- Assists with digital systems audits to ensure efficiency, accuracy and review the performance of digital infrastructure and operational systems.
- Develops project plans, including scope, budget, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Develops and updates scheduling/planning of activities with the project teams, external consultants, and internal groups.
- Owns project roadmap, identifies resources needed, timeline, and is responsible for meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Responsible for project implementation, ensures key results are achieved in accordance with the project plan by analyzing current digital business systems and processes, formulating recommendations/options, and supporting members of the project in reaching decisions that are within project scope and timelines.
- Ensures that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to provide regular project updates, prioritize business and technical requirements to deliver work as outlined in project plan.
- Prepares reports, dashboard and consolidate data for meaningful metrics to drive internal efficiencies.
- Liaises with vendors and SBBC contractors to maintain and implement changes/updates to existing digital operational systems.
- Oversees and identifies priorities for a supporting SBBC’s digital infrastructure.
- Performs other duties as assigned related to the project.
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Project Management, Business Administration, Computer Science, or an equivalent blend of education and experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience successfully coordinating/managing and implementing digital projects.
- Strong understanding of Project Management principles, methods, tools, coordination, and implementation.
- Strong understanding of digital business systems, web architecture, UI/UX.
- Ability to identify issues, and to develop and analyze solutions to resolve problems.
- Proven experience working with a cross functional team.
- Able to prioritize and set clear direction and expectations.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Communicates effectively and strategically orally and in writing, with clients, technical teams, and other co-workers.
- Proficiency with MS and G-Suite applications and online project management tools such as Asana.
- Proficiency with WordPress a strong asset.
- Entrepreneurial mindset or small business experience a definite asset
- Understanding of the small business community or business experience an asset
- Ability to work in French or additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi) an asset.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Remuneration: BCGEU Level: Range 18, Step 1 $2,200.10 bi-weekly (non-negotiable).
(Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union)
- Strengthening Health & Wellbeing: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months, including 100% Employer paid Extended Health Benefits, Vision Care, Dental coverage, and Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Investing in YOUR future: We have a generous group RRSP Matching Plus plan.
- Relax & Recharge: Paid time off and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks.
- Shape the Community: Be a part of a young, talented, driven, and fun team working hard to make a difference within the small business community.
- More Flexibility: Our Hybrid work model lets you split your time between home and the office.
Small Business BC is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please email email@example.com to discuss your accessibility needs.