Status: Full Time Position
Location: Vancouver, BC (currently remote)
We’re seeking a motivated and talented digital marketer to develop and manage the delivery of our marketing campaigns and social media using results-driven strategies to raise awareness of Small Business BC and to build engagement with internal and external audiences.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a positive and innovative approach who is always on the hunt for new strategies, opportunities and technologies to reach new and existing audiences.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this position will be responsible for a range of marketing activities including: marketing campaigns, social media, paid advertising, email marketing, media relations, & reporting.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic and innovative team working hard to make a difference in the small business community. We’re looking for a marketing all-rounder with a positive attitude.
JOB SPECIFICS – WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Lead the creation and execution of targeted marketing campaigns that promote SBBC services to new and existing audiences.
- Create engaging content for web, social and in-person, that highlights the brand and drives awareness.
- Develop, execute, and optimize all digital channels including search, display, and social to best meet the campaign objectives.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to develop the campaign strategy and calendar, based on the company operational plan, for the year ahead.
- Report and measure the success of the campaigns using a range of online and offline tools.
- Generate, edit, schedule and share engaging content regularly on all SBBC’s channels – including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIN and Youtube.
- Create and manage social media advertising budget and delivery for SBBC events, campaigns and services.
- Develop relationships with partner organizations to help amplify SBBC’s campaigns and support the small business community.
- Work with Marketing Manager to implement a social media strategy aligned with key business goals.
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop the current email communications strategy
- Create engaging content for our bi-monthly e-newsletters with high value content for the SBBC e-newsletter subscribers.
- Write and build optimized and automated newsletter campaigns based on user interests, behavior and preferences.
- Analyze campaign performance and optimize accordingly to improve open rates and click through rates.
- Help prepare responses to and/or respond directly to media inquiries with relevant, accurate and timely information.
- Build partnerships with other affiliated businesses and organisations to increase awareness of resources for businesses in BC.
- Track and compile press coverage for regular media reports that are distributed to the company.
- Coordinates communications activities with both Federal and Provincial Public Affairs Bureaus in accordance with SBBC’s contribution agreements.
- Proofread all content and communications published by SBBC, to ensure brand consistency
- Assists the VP Operations and CEO with the compilation and editing of quarterly and annual reports for external stakeholders of SBBC.
- Supports the Marketing Manager and Events Coordinator on promoting and marketing of events when required.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS – WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- A diploma or degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and business-related experience.
- Minimum two to three (2-3) years of direct related work experience
- Experience in working for a Not-for-Profit organization an asset
- Experience using digital advertising platforms including Google Ads and Facebook Advertising.
- Experience using Google Analytics and data to inform decision making.
- Experience using photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Indesign.
- Experience in developing, managing, implementing and evaluating communications and public relations strategies
- Demonstrated experience working with professional groups, government agencies, special interest groups and service providers
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- BCGEU Level: Range 18, step 1 $2135.68 bi-weekly (non-negotiable); Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union.
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months including extended health and dental coverage and Group RRSP contributions
- Paid vacation time and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks
- Be a part of a dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community
ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS BC
Small Business BC is a non-profit organization that is here to help British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses. We celebrate and champion the thriving small business community within BC. We are supported by funds from Western Economic Diversification Canada and the BC Ministry of Jobs, Trade and Technology.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application using the link below, attaching a recent CV and a cover letter demonstrating why you’d be suitable for the role.
Note: we thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Small Business BC is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please email email@example.com to discuss your accessibility needs.