Location: Vancouver (Remote Due to COVID-19)
We are seeking a motivated individual with a passion for analysis, interpretation, and telling stories with data to join our growing team. Reporting to the VP, Operations, this position is responsible for all reporting and business analytics across the organization. This includes operational performance metrics, dashboards, special projects, proposals, sponsor reports, annual reports, and governmental reports.
The Data Reporting Analyst is also responsible for identifying new opportunities, designing, and building new processes, tools and reports to continually improve the information available to support our business decisions and chart for our future path. This position is a one-year contract with potential for extension based on operational requirements.
Small Business BC is a non-profit organization that is here to help British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses. We celebrate and champion the thriving small business community within BC. We are supported by funds from Western Economic Diversification Canada and the BC Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development and Competitiveness.
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS
1. Supports the analysis and production of timely and accurate reporting for the organization
- Develops and maintains complex spreadsheets and database applications to support SBBC reporting requirements
- Translates and transforms raw data into informative presentations and efficient distribution (i.e., dashboards, charts, graphs).
- Supports, coordinates and delivers standard reporting as live dashboard as well as published reporting quarterly, annually or by contracted cycles (i.e. core services / Bizmap / Marketplacebc.ca etc).
- Creates customized ad hoc reports using Tableau and other visualization tools to compile and analyze data.
- Develops and standardizes comprehensive business intelligence & reporting processes to provide insight on business issues to senior leadership and departments
- Coordinates with internal and external partners to ensure existing and in-development reporting meets the evolving needs of the organization
- Defines, documents, and implements consistent standards and procedures for all reporting
2. Leverages data expertise to support initiatives through scoping, implementation, impact analysis, and ongoing reporting
- Sources & provides data from CRM, Google Analytics, etc. to the various business areas to drive efficiencies in day-to-day operations
- Supports SBBC’s Market Research Analyst in data extraction and analysis activities
- Solves business issues using data from a variety of sources, incorporating expertise from relevant internal experts / departments
- Performs deep-dive analysis on key areas of interest for leadership and communicates results
- Supports new product development / enhancements for key initiatives, such as Bizmap.ca and Marketplacebc.ca
- Works with web developer as a data expert to act as liaison between the developer and project team as required
3. Other related duties
- Work to drive efficiencies within SBBC Reporting by ensuring adoption & continued evolution of best practices
- Participate in the wider analytics community to advance capabilities across the organization
- Performs other job-related duties as required
- A degree or diploma in Business Management, Computer Science, Commerce, Market Research, Statistics or an equivalent blend of education and business-related experience
- Advanced experience with data collection, data verification and data translation
- Strong knowledge of data presentation software such as Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics, etc.
- Experience in SQL and Excel, generating pivot tables and reports
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills & attention to detail
- Excellent communication and documentation skills – technical and business terms
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Proven balance of analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Able to think with agility in meeting business partners’ demanding deadlines
- Ability to distill complex technical information into the key points that matter to the audience
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work well independently and equally function in a team environment
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- BCGEU Level: Range 14, step 1 $1908.37 bi-weekly (non-negotiable) Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union.
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months
- Paid vacation time and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks
- Be a part of a dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Small Business BC is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your accessibility needs.