Status: 12-Month Contract
Location: Vancouver (Remote Due to COVID-19)
We are seeking a motivated individual with a passion for providing entrepreneurs with advisory services to assist them with their successful entry into small business ventures. Reporting to the Client Services Manager, this position is responsible for the delivery of professional quality Business Planning & Advisory products and services to clients and to coordinate all of the business planning services of SBBC.
This position is for a full time 12 month contract.
Small Business BC is a non-profit organization that is here to help British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses. We celebrate and champion the thriving small business community within BC. We are supported by funds from Western Economic Diversification Canada and the BC Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development and Competitiveness.
To deliver professional quality Business Planning & Advisory products and services to clients of SBBC and to coordinate all of the business planning services of the SBBC.
Job Duties and Tasks
1. Coordinates and delivers the internal Business Planning and Business Strategy consultancy at Small Business BC.
- Delivers one-on-one, paid Business Plan/Strategy/Financing coaching, advisory and review services to clients
- Develops and delivers education programming on a variety of business topics for the SBBC, including, Writing a Business Plan, Accessing Funding, Preparing a Pitch and Business Mapping
- Develops new business advisory products, services and tools for the SBBC to sell to clients
- Provides financing pathfinding for clients and makes referrals and recommendations to lenders
2. Collaborate with staff and subject matter experts to advise clients on access to various resources
3. Coordinates and maintains the Business Advisory capabilities of SBBC
- Keeps current on business planning and business financing trends
- Evaluates readily available information, published and unpublished and deciding whether it is appropriate to refer subject matter to other staff
- Provide assistance, training, and advice to other staff within SBBC
- Creates content on business planning topics for SBBCs shared knowledge center
4. Establishes and manages relationships with organizations that refer clients for related Small Business BC products and services
- Works to create working referral relationships with other organizations and financial institutions
- Conducts outreach, awareness, and educational activities
- Represents SBBC in the community as an expert on the topics of Business Planning, Strategy and Financing
5. Provides support for the Business Advisor team, in all aspects of client services, during busy periods, breaks and staff vacations.
6. Client Relationship Management
- Establishes long-term relationships with clients
- Enter client contact and interaction information into the SBBC’s CRM
- Lookup client interaction history if necessary to provide better service to clients
7. Other related duties
- Supports Communications/Marketing functions of SBBC by doing outreach presentations
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- A degree or diploma in Commerce, Business Management, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, or Marketing or ECommerce, and extensive consulting, and teaching experience, or an equivalent blend of education and business-related experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in creating and editing business plans, business & strategy maps, and cash flow forecasting
- Demonstrated experience creating and delivering seminars or other educational content related to business topics
- Experience with working in an office environment, managing confidential material and information with discretion
- Excellent knowledge of business planning, market research, bringing products or services to market, financing alternatives, and business start-up requirements
- General knowledge of a wide variety of business subjects including small business practices across multiple industries
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, email, telephone)
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite, CRM, and Registrations Systems
- Ability to provide excellent customer service under pressure and deal with multiple priorities
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Farsi)
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment across multiple platforms with strong organizational skills, follow-through, and ability to juggle competing priorities with limited supervision
What we can offer you
- BCGEU Level: Range 18, step 1 $2135.68 bi-weekly (non-negotiable) (Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union)
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months
- Paid vacation time and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks
- Be a part of a dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Small Business BC is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your accessibility needs.