Location: Vancouver (Currently remote due to COVID-19)
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
JOB SPECIFICS – WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Delivers one-on-one, paid Business Plan/Strategy/Financing coaching, advisory and review services to clients
- Delivers one-on-one, paid import and export advisory services to clients
- Assesses clients’ Market Research needs and refers to appropriate resources and services
- Develops and delivers seminars/webinars/on demand education on a variety of business topics including, but not limited to Business Planning and International Trade topics
- Provides financing pathfinding and client referrals to lending organizations and financing programs
- Develops new business advisory products, services and tools for SBBC to sell to clients
- Collaborates with staff and consultancies to ensure a full suite appropriate services is available to clients
- Creates content on business planning and importing and exporting that can be disseminated to clients through multiple channels
- Works to create working referral relationships with the other organizations
- Represents SBBC as an expert on the topics of Business Planning, Strategy, Financing and Trade
- Keeps current on business planning and business financing trends.
- Evaluates readily available information, published and unpublished and deciding whether it is appropriate to refer subject matter to other SBBC staff
- Provides backup and client overflow support for the Business Advisor team, in all aspects of client services, during busy periods, breaks and staff vacations.
- Supports SBBC Communications/Marketing functions by doing outreach presentations and providing content for website articles
- Performs other job-related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS – WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A degree or diploma in Commerce, Business Management, International Trade, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, or Commerce, and extensive consulting, and teaching experience, or an equivalent blend of education and business-related experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in creating and editing business plans, business & strategy maps
- Experience conducting international trade; both importing and exporting from Canada
- Experience with e-commerce and international trade
- Experience with working in an office environment, managing confidential material and information with discretion.
- Experience with public speaking / delivering presentations
- Excellent knowledge of business planning, market research, bringing products or services to market, financing alternatives, and business start-up requirements
- Knowledge of how to assess the barriers to entry in international markets, including duties, regulations, cost of entry, shipment costs, etc. is an asset
- Knowledge of legislation that may affect the movement of products and services across domestic and international boundaries is an asset
- General knowledge of a wide variety of business subjects including small business practices
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, email, telephone and online platforms)
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, P.O.S, Outlook, Zoom, CRM, Registrations Systems
- Ability to provide excellent customer service under pressure and deal with multiple priorities
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi)
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills, follow-through and ability to juggle competing priorities with limited supervision
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- BCGEU Level: Range 18, step 1 $2135.68 bi-weekly (non-negotiable)
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months including extended health and dental coverage and Group RRSP contributions
- Paid vacation time and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks
- Be a part of a young and dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community
- To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://smallbusinessbc.ca/careers/. No phone inquiries please. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Small Business BC is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your accessibility needs.