Location: Vancouver (Currently remote due to COVID-19)
Status: One-Year Contract, Full-Time
About Small Business BC
Small Business BC (SBBC) is a non-profit organization that is here to help British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses. Supported by funds from Pacific Economic Development Canada (PacifiCan) and the BC Ministry of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation, we celebrate and champion the thriving small business community within BC. We are seeking a motivated individual with a passion for providing entrepreneurs with advisory services to assist them with their successful entry into small business ventures.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, this position is responsible for the delivery of professional quality Business Planning & Advisory products and services to clients and to coordinate all the business planning services of SBBC. This position is for a one-year contract with potential for extension dependent on continued funding.
Job Specifics – What Will You Be Doing?
- Delivers one-on-one, paid Business Plan/Strategy/Financing coaching, advisory and review services to clients
- Assesses clients’ Market Research needs and refers to appropriate resources and services
- Develops and delivers seminars/webinars/on demand education on a variety of business topics including, but not limited to Business Planning
- Provides financing pathfinding and client referrals to lending organizations and financing programs
- Develops new business advisory products, services and tools for SBBC to sell to clients
- Collaborates with staff and consultancies to ensure a full suite appropriate service are available to clients
- Creates content on business planning that can be disseminated to clients through multiple channels
- Works to create working referral relationships with the other organizations
- Represents SBBC as an expert on the topics of Business Planning, Strategy, and Financing
- Keeps current on business planning and business financing trends.
- Evaluates readily available information, published and unpublished and deciding whether it is appropriate to refer subject matter to other SBBC staff
- Provides backup and client overflow support for the Business Advisor team, in all aspects of client services, during busy periods, breaks and staff vacations.
- Supports SBBC Communications/Marketing functions by doing outreach presentations and providing content for website articles
- Performs other job-related duties as required
Qualifications – What We Are Looking For
- A degree or diploma in Commerce, Business Management, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, or Commerce, and extensive consulting, and teaching experience, or an equivalent blend of education and business-related experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in creating and editing business plans, business & strategy maps.
- Experience with e-commerce and international trade a strong asset.
- Experience with working in an office environment, managing confidential material and information with discretion.
- Experience with public speaking / delivering presentations
- Excellent knowledge of business planning, market research, bringing products or services to market, financing alternatives, and business start-up requirements
- General knowledge of a wide variety of business subjects including small business practices
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, email, telephone and online platforms)
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, P.O.S, Outlook, Zoom, CRM, Registrations Systems
- Ability to provide excellent customer service under pressure and deal with multiple priorities
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi)
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills, follow-through, and ability to juggle competing priorities with limited supervision
What We Can Offer You
- Remuneration: BCGEU Level: Range 18, Step 1 $2,200.10 bi-weekly (non-negotiable).
- (Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union)
- Strengthening Health & Wellbeing: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months, including 100% Employer paid Extended Health Benefits, Vision Care, Dental coverage, and Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Investing in YOUR future: We have a generous group RRSP Matching Plus plan.
- Relax & Recharge: Paid time off and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks.
- Shape the Community: Be a part of a young, talented, driven, and fun team working hard to make a difference within the small business community.
- More Flexibility: Our Hybrid work model lets you split your time between home and the office.
Please Note: No phone inquiries please. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Small Business BC is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please email email@example.com to discuss your accessibility needs.