Status: Full-Time Position
Location: Vancouver, BC (Currently Remote)
We are seeking a motivated and knowledgeable individual to assist in the delivery of our marketing and sales efforts across Small Business BC’s core services, programs, and sponsorship deliverables. This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic and innovative team working hard to make a difference in the small business community.
This role is also a pivotal bridge between the Business Development (BD) and Marketing departments and is responsible for providing support to both departments and our sponsor community.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, this position assists in a range of marketing activities including marketing campaigns, email marketing and client presentations. This role is also the direct contact for small businesses on the rapidly growing SBBC Marketplace and supports their experience with the platform.
This role will also support Business Development in providing marketing collateral to promote the value of partnership with Small Business BC to future partners, including monitoring contracts and fulfillment, sales proposals, and reporting.
The interconnected nature of these departments requires a dynamic and organized person to support new and existing partner relationships, bringing them into our community and ensuring the achievement of our shared goals.
Small Business BC is a non-profit organization that is here to help British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses. We celebrate and champion the thriving small business community within BC. We are supported by funds from Western Economic Diversification Canada and the BC Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development and Competitiveness.
1. Coordinates and administers new relationship agreements as presented by Business Development ensuring contract deliverables are scheduled and all internal departments are prepared for fulfillment throughout the life of the contracts
- Reviews, schedules, communicates, and monitors contractual obligations for various departments to execute as needed
- Works collaboratively across all departments to coordinate fulfillment of sponsor benefits; ensuring that sponsors are receiving top value for their investments
- Builds and develops relationships with external sponsors over the course of service delivery where needed, either directly or in collaboration with the Business Development Manager
- Creates and updates routine sponsor fulfillment reports and distributes to sponsors as needed
- Coordinates fulfillment of sponsorship from start to finish, in collaboration with the Business Development Manager
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports on all site metrics, identifying patterns and opportunities to make improvements to increase awareness of the website
- Monitors small business pulse by setting alerts, subscribing to community newsletters, and monitoring social media
- Accepts and executes ad placement purchases on behalf of BD when appropriate
2. Works with internal departments and third-party suppliers to support key projects
- Assists in a range of marketing activities including coordination and execution of marketing campaigns, social media, email marketing, news release, and client presentations
- Coordinates website administration for small business clients on the Marketplace
- Identifies opportunities to develop the design, functionality, and usability of SBBC’s websites, in line with organizational objectives.
- Adheres to SBBC brand identity guidelines to ensure a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Collaborates with the Digital Marketing Coordinator and Client Services team to maintain and develop the master content calendar for all web properties
3. Coordinates internal information resources / printed collateral for the SBBC
- Researches, creates and maintains internal information-based resources that serve as a reference for staff who deliver business information services to clients
- Creates checklists and other information-based (collateral materials) that are used by staff to serve clients.
- Liaises with internal staff for content maintenance activities and edits submissions for final publishing internally and externally.
4. Client Relationship Management
- Enters client contact and interaction information into SBBC’s CRM
- Searches for client interaction history if necessary, to provide better service to clients.
5. Other related duties
- Supports Communications/Marketing functions by doing outreach activities
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A degree or diploma in communications, marketing, small business and entrepreneurship, or an equivalent blend of education and business-related experience.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience in contract management and fulfillment and/or organizing and coordinating projects
- Experience with working in an office environment, managing confidential material and information with discretion
- Knowledge and competency in web and online marketing strategy and the concepts and impacts of branding
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Passion for client services: sales and service oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, and solve problems
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills, follow-through, and ability to juggle competing priorities with limited supervision
- Experience in public speaking and presentations is considered an asset
- Knowledge in Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, Asana, Adobe Suite, Proposify, Agile & Infusionsoft CRM and Slack considered an asset
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- BCGEU Level: Range 14, step 1 $1908.37 bi-weekly (non-negotiable); Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union.
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months including extended health and dental coverage and Group RRSP contributions
- Paid vacation time and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks
- Be a part of a young and dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community