Selling for Dummies
Selling is really about people skills – to be successful in sales, you must be able to cooperate, have good listening skills, and be willing to put others’ needs before your own. With selling skills in your arsenal, you’ll be happier in a lot of areas of your life, not just in your career (although that will certainly benefit too).
But this guide is not only for traditional salespeople who want career enhancement. It’s for all people, because everybody can use selling skills to change or improve their lives. This book is for you if
- You’re beginning a sales career, or just looking to brush up your skills.
- You’re unemployed and want a job, or you’re employed and want a promotion.
- You’re a teen wanting to impress adults, or an adult wanting to succeed at negotiation.
- You’re a teacher searching for better ways to get through to your students, or a parent wanting to communicate more effectively with your children.
- You’ve got an idea that can help others, or you want to improve your personal relationships.
Selling For Dummies is divided into sections so you can easily turn to the part that interests you most. You’ll find out how to
- Define what sales is and what it isn’t.
- Prepare for a sale – everything from knowing your clients to knowing your products – to set you apart from average persuaders and help you hear more yeses in your life.
- Say the right words – and avoid the wrong ones – in each stage of the selling process.
- Separate yourself from the average salesperson by staying in touch with your clients.
- Cope with rejection, a natural part of life, no matter how skilled you become.
Whether you’re starting out in sales or have been at it since the beginning of time, this guide offers great information to keep you upbeat and moving forward, allowing you to treat selling with the same joy as you treat your hobbies and pastimes.