Today we launched the new version of our website. This has been a big project for us, and we hope that the new website will help you quickly and efficiently access the tools and resources you need to start or grow your small business.
Involving Our Community
Last year, we sent a request to our Community for help and were overwhelmed with the positive response by our clients to help us shape the future architecture of the Small Business BC website.
From your responses we gained an understanding of user mental models and customizes the new Small Business BC website, so that users may discover business-related information, products and services, more easily.
Working with Old Friends
Once the structure was defined, we returned to our brand designers, Also Known As, to create the look and feel. Updates include an increase in white space and clear sight lines to make pages easy to read. Bolder, cleaner fonts and easy to navigate menus. A greater use of images and a more modern design. Each to respond to the feedback received in the study.
Check it out, scroll around and send us your feedback.
- Enhanced Navigation and Search: The new site provides simple, intuitive navigation
and a robust search tool in the top right corner of your screen.
- Mobile-Friendly: The new site is optimized for mobile devices, as well as desktop display.
- Articles and Blogs: Find what you need by searching by issue and by content type.
- Calendar Sync: You can now stay up-to-date with our latest seminar offerings by subscribing to our calendar. Simply copy the Subscribe to the Calendar link and copy it into your calendar program.
- Community Subscription: We want you to be part of our Community, so we’ve made it easier. At the bottom of each page there will be a box for you to enter your email address and join our mailing lists. It’s that simple.
- Free Tools and Resources: Our free tools and resources are now more visible, with a link on the main navigation.
- Meet Our Team: We have a great team here at Small Business BC, so we thought it only share we introduce them.
And we’re not stopping here. There are a number of key features that will be rolled out in the coming months, so stay tuned, visit often and drop us a tweet with your feedback!