Think about your daily routine, you might stop at a coffee shop in the morning, perhaps you workout at the gym in the afternoon or go for dinner with friends in the evening. Every place that you visit, and every business you connect with during that day, exists because of an idea and an entrepreneur. Whether that entrepreneur comes from a family of business owners, or is starting out on their own with no previous experience, running their business requires a set of key skills. But what are the skills you need and how do you acquire them?
Your Key Business Skills
Running a small business often requires that you become a jack-of-all-trades. It is therefore important to know early on the skills that you have and those that you will either have to learn or delegate to others. The key business skills to consider include:
- Strategic Management. Creating a business and strategic plan for your business and making sure you keep to it.
- Basic Accounting. Which records to keep, how to keep them and how to file them.
- Financial Management. Where to find financing and how to manage it once you’ve sourced it.
- People Management. Hiring your first employee and how to manage them.
- Marketing. How to market your business through traditional channels, web and social media.
- Sales. How to complete a sale and look after your customers.
- Operations Management. Choosing and managing your suppliers.
The Basics of Business
In acknowledgement of the need for these essential skills, Small Business BC has created a new affordable seminar series to help BC’s entrepreneurs. The Basics of Business is a combination of courses including:
- Branding- More than a Logo
- Powerful Marketing for Small Business
- Getting Your Business Online-A Website
- Tax Tips from an Accountant
- My First Year in Business: A Financial Overview
- Operations for Small Business
- Sales Strategies for Small Business
- Attracting and Hiring Top Talent
- Business Viability 1- The Break Even Analysis
- Business Viability 2- The Cash Flow Forecast
- Social Media and Online Marketing Tactics
Delivered by industry experts with real small business experience, this highly anticipated program covers the 11 essential elements of running and operating a small business in just a few short weeks. The program also offers a great discount, ideal for those starting out. At only $349 the package will save you more than 40% on individual seminar registration.
“Entrepreneurs who take the time to seek education before launching a business will only increase their chances of success; Small Business BC is doing its part to make sure that’s possible,” says Small Business BC CEO, George Hunter.
For more information and dates, visit the Seminars page today.