Think about your daily routine, you might stop at a coffee shop in the morning, perhaps you workout at the gym in the afternoon or go for dinner with friends in the evening. Every place that you visit, and every business you connect with during that day, exists because of an idea and an entrepreneur. Whether that entrepreneur comes from a family of business owners, or is starting out on their own with no previous experience, running their business requires a set of key skills. But what are the skills you need and how do you acquire them?
Your Key Business Skills
Running a small business often requires that you become a jack-of-all-trades. It is therefore important to know early on the skills that you have and those that you will either have to learn or delegate to others. The key business skills to consider include:
- Strategic Management. Creating a business and strategic plan for your business and making sure you keep to it.
- Basic Accounting. Which records to keep, how to keep them and how to file them.
- Financial Management. Where to find financing and how to manage it once you’ve sourced it.
- People Management. Hiring your first employee and how to manage them.
- Marketing. How to market your business through traditional channels, web and social media.
- Sales. How to complete a sale and look after your customers.
- Operations Management. Choosing and managing your suppliers.
The Basics of Business
In acknowledgement of the need for these essential skills, Small Business BC has created a new affordable seminar series to help BC’s entrepreneurs. Focused Business Planning is a combination of courses including:
- Starting Your Business: What’s the Plan?
- Marketing Essentials for Small Business
- Business Mapping: Developing a Smart Business Model
- Market Research 1: Finding Data that Works for You
- Operations for Small Business
- Market Research 2: Surveys and Focus Groups for Knowing your Customer
- Creating Your First Business Website
- Business Viability 1: The Break Even Analysis
- Business Viability 2: The Cash Flow Forecast
Delivered by industry experts with real small business experience, this highly anticipated program covers the 9 essential elements of running and operating a small business in just a few short weeks. The program also offers a great discount, ideal for those starting out. At only $419 the package will save you more than 40% on individual seminar registration.
For more information and dates, visit the Seminars page today.