Answer These 8 Questions to Determine if Small Business Insurance is Right for You.
The golden rule of insurance: if you think you may need it, the answer is always “yes, protect and cover the business you love.”
For BC’s busy entrepreneurs, we know that “small business” is anything but small. Your company means everything to you – it’s not a nine-to-five job; it’s your life. Every setback is significant, and BCAA’S Small Business Insurance gives you the confidence to grow, knowing your hard work is protected. It provides you with the ability to rebuild in the event of a claim and helps you manage your reputation amongst clients, customers, and landlords. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’re protected from common risks that small business owners face each year.
What is Small Business Insurance?
Small Business Insurance (SBI) is an umbrella term for insurance policies that protect small business owners like you. This includes protection from risks such as theft, fire and lawsuits.
Your specific insurance coverage will vary, depending on your profession, industry, and the size and scope of your business operations. Generally, however, there are three categories of coverage:
- Liability insurance– protects your business from damage caused to others.
- Property insurance– covers your business for theft or damage to property you own or property of others that is in your care, including repair and replacement costs.
- Specialty insurance– covers your business for costs like legal expenses.
Do I Need Small Business Insurance?
Here are eight questions to ask yourself to help you determine if small business insurance is right for you.
- If your business were to cause damages to a third party, are you protected against a potential lawsuit?
- Do you operate your business out of a commercial space, like a shop, garage, warehouse, or office? Do you have equipment, tools or inventory that would be expensive to replace?
- Speaking of equipment, would a breakdown significantly impact your ability to do business?
- If your business had to shut down unexpectedly, would you have adequate savings to support yourself?
- Do you collect customer information?
- Are clients asking to see proof of insurance?
- Do you run your business out of your home?
- Do your business goals include future growth?
How BCAA Can Help Your Small Business
At BCAA, we know that every BC business is unique, and one size does not fit all. That’s why BCAA Small Business Insurance is a great option for BC businesses like yours. We’re here to help with a new kind of business insurance that combines customized coverage with online convenience.
We are insurance for BC, made in BC, specializing in businesses who operate in these sectors:
- Construction & Trades. Business owners who work with their hands to build, fix and install.
- Business & Professional Service. Those who offer knowledge-based services to clients.
- Retail. Business owners who sell things in shops, online or from home.
- Landlords. People who rent, lease, or manage properties for residential occupancy.
We Understand BC Business
At BCAA, our online small business insurance tools help to identify your unique needs so we can make custom, tailored recommendations. Our mission: provide you with the foundation of insurance protection so your business can continue to thrive and grow. Here’s what you can expect from our BCAA Small Business Insurance:
- Quick and convenient purchase online: Customers can get a quote and buy online whenever it suits them with our policy recommendation tool that only asks all of the important questions and nothing more.
- Customizable protection: We provide custom coverage recommendations that protect BC small businesses against unique risks.
- Simple and straightforward: Straightforward protection for businesses that BC entrepreneurs have worked so hard to build.
- Solid advice: Our online quote tool will help identify risks and recommend the most suitable coverages. If more assistance is needed, a team of BCAA Small Business Advisors will be ready to help online or over the phone.
- Trust and reliability: As trusted insurance experts with unique BC knowledge, award winning service and a local 24/7 emergency claims team, BCAA provides small business owners peace of mind that their business is protected.
- Valuable ways to save: Reduce premiums through a claims-free discount. Plus, business owners with a personal BCAA Membership can save up to 10%.
We’d love to learn more about how your business works. Visit us online or call our BCAA Insurance Professionals at 1.888.268.2222. Talk with you soon!
Hear More from BCAA in a Free Webinar
Learn business insurance basics for entrepreneurs from the experts at BCAA. Join us October 14 for a free webinar on the basics of business insurance. Learn why it’s important and get your questions answered so you can make confident choices on the type of coverage you need.