BC Economic Summit – Canada Starts Here: Taking BC Global, will take place at Sheraton Vancouver Airport from May 13th to 16th, 2012.
This summit will bring together regional economic development officers, business and industry leaders, representatives from municipal and provincial governments, along with academics and economists to discuss the BC Job’s Plan.
The Key Discussion Points
The event, run by the Economic Development Association of BC (EDABC), Canada Starts Here and the BC Jobs Plan, will focus on job creation, getting goods to market and opening and expanding markets, particularly in Asia.
Discussions will centre around the eight core industries of: forestry, mining, natural gas, agrifoods, tourism, international education, transportation and technology.
Canada Starts Here: The BC Jobs Plan is one of the most aggressive commitments to economic development in recent BC history. By attending this conference you can hear from some of the key decision makers, and leading business minds, on how BC can diversify its economy. There will also be working panels which will discuss what is being done to generate growth in each of the core industries and how you can get involved.
- Honourable Pat Bell, Minister of Jobs, Tourism and Innovation
- Jeff Finkle, President and CEO of the International Economic Development Council
- Taking it Global: The Importance of Global Relations in Building a Strong Economic Future
- Chris Knight, fDi Intelligence, London, England
- Douglas Stout, Vice President, Energy Solutions & External Relations, Fortis BC
- Randy Reimann, Director-Resource Planning, BC Hydro
- James Mack, Head of the BC Climate Action Secretariat, Ministry of Environment
Find Out More