The BC Innovation Council have announced they’re seeking applications from BC-based consortia to deliver the BCIC Innovation Commercialization Pilot. This funding program aims to support innovation projects that will help BC small businesses increase their efficiency, become more competitive, and create new jobs.
“One of the keys to this pilot is that the innovation projects don’t require long development cycles,” explained Dawn Wood, Director of Programs at BCIC. “These are quick turnaround ideas that can be commercial-ready and benefit British Columbia within two years.”
“Small businesses, regardless of industry, are always looking for ways to become more efficient and competitive. This pilot will help us determine what challenges these businesses and industries are facing, and how we can solve them with local tech and innovation that can be scaled to new markets.”
Who Should Apply?
Qualified applications must be consortia comprised of BC-based:
- Post-Secondary Institutions
- One of more economic development entities and/or not-for-profit entities
Among additional requirements, the successful applicants will be expected to:
- Review key industries in their regions and determine their innovation needs
- Find three relevant innovation commercialization projects to be funded up to $30k each
- Disburse and manage project grant funding
The RFP deadline is February 2, 2018.
For full RFP details and to apply, please visit BC Bid and follow these instructions:
- Visit gov.bca
- Click ‘Browse for Bid Opportunities or Bid Results’
- Click ‘Browse opportunities by organization’
- Click ‘BC Innovation Council’