Are you attending a Small Business BC webinar for the first time?
An “invite” email containing a link to join us live will be sent to the email address you registered with on the morning of the seminar. Once the live session is finished, a recording of the seminar will be shared with you, which you can watch at your convenience for the next seven days.
Our webinars are hosted through Adobe Connect. If you’ve never attended an Adobe Connect webinar before, there are some quick steps to take to ensure you’re ready to go when the webinar starts.
Test Your Setup
Before we start, it’s important to test your connection to make sure your internet speed can comfortably handle the webinar. Not sure if your computer is compatible? Please see system requirements to attend Adobe Connect Meetings
Preparing for the Webinar
While mobile devices are compatible, we suggest using a computer for the full experience. You can double check your system readiness with the following four steps, using the Adobe Connect Diagnostic Tool
- Flash Player Version Test
- Adobe Connect Connection Test
- Connection Speed Test
- Adobe Connect Add-in Test
- If you do not have the Add-in installed, please download the Adobe Connect Add-in from step 4 of the Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the file when prompted; by default, it’s saved in the Downloads folder.
- Open the Downloads folder and open ac_addin_.z to extract the package (the package name is adobeconnectaddin-installer.pkg).
- Open adobeconnectaddin-installer.pkg to launch the installer.
- Follow the installer prompts to install the Add-In.
- We recommend using Google Chrome as your browser for the most seamless experience. Be sure to click “Allow” if you see a pop up to run Flash from smallbusinessbc.adobeconnect.com
- For the best audio experience, use quality earphones or headphones connected directly to your device. You will not be required to connect your webcam or mic. Instead, you will get the opportunity to ask questions and participate by typing into a Questions to Presenter chat pod.
- Please note that participants in the room do not have individual mics so some of the audio in the room may not be captured. Our speakers will be mindful for summarizing questions and comments before responding.
Need More Help?
- Get in touch with Small Business BC before or during your webinar by calling 604-775-5525.
You’re all set! Keep an eye out for your “invite” email containing a link to join us for the webinar.