Are you attending a Small Business BC webinar for the first time?
An “invite” email containing a link to join us live will be sent to the email address you registered with two hours before the session. Once the live session is finished, a recording of the webinar will be shared with you, which you can watch at your convenience for the next seven days.
Our webinars are hosted through Adobe Connect. If you’ve never attended an Adobe Connect webinar before, there are some quick steps to take to ensure you’re ready to go when the webinar starts.
Test Your Setup
Before we start, it’s important to test your connection to make sure your internet speed can comfortably handle the webinar. Not sure if your computer is compatible? Please see system requirements to attend Adobe Connect Meetings
Preparing for the Webinar
While mobile devices are compatible, we suggest using a computer for the full experience. You can double check your system readiness with the following four steps, using the Adobe Connect Diagnostic Tool.
Here’s an easy to follow guide to preparing your computer for webinar. For the best experience, we recommend that you download the Adobe Connect Add-in here with the following instructions:
1. Download the Adobe Connect Add-in (see screenshot)
2. Save the file when prompted; by default, it’s saved the Downloads folder
3. Open the Downloads folder and open filename ConnectSetup to launch the installer
4. Follow the installer prompts to install the Add-In
5. Once installation is 100% complete, click exit. Relaunch session by clicking the live webinar link sent to your email and select to “Open in Application”
- We recommend using Google Chrome as your browser for the most seamless experience. Be sure to click “Allow” if you see a pop up to run Flash from smallbusinessbc.adobeconnect.com
- For the best audio experience, use quality earphones or headphones connected directly to your device. You will not be required to connect your webcam or mic. Instead, you will get the opportunity to ask questions and participate by typing into a Questions to Presenter chat pod.
- Please note that participants in the room do not have individual mics so some of the audio in the room may not be captured. Our speakers will be mindful for summarizing questions and comments before responding.
Simple How-To Instructions to Join Live Webinars
An “invite” email containing a link to join us live will be sent to the email address you registered with two hours before the session.
To launch the webinar, please:
1. Click the live webinar link (see screenshot)
2. Click: Enter as a Guest
3. Type: Your Name
4. Click: Enter Room
5. Please: Wait for the live webinar to load
Note: If it is your first time watching a webinar on Adobe Connect, you may be prompted to download the Adobe Connect Add-In. Please see step 4 of Preparing for the Webinar
Need More Help?
If you have any issues with logging in, please feel free to call us toll-free at 1-800-667-2272 or at 604-775-7223. Please note that our webinars are hosted through Adobe Connect. If you’ve never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before, please prepare for webinar and test your connection here: https://smallbusinessbc.ca/adobe-connect/ Once the live session is finished, a recording of the seminar will be emailed to you, which you can watch at your convenience for the next seven days.