Do you have a great service or product, but aren’t familiar with intellectual property (IP) rights such as trademark, copyright or patent? Are you aware of the ways IP can protect your innovations and bring value to your business? Whether your business is just starting up or growing fast, learning from a Intellectual Property Lawyer will help you fill in the blanks.
Book a one-on-one consultation with our intellectual property expert David McHugh from Segev LLP. Find answers to specific questions or get some IP tips so you can gain and leverage IP information to build your brand securely.
List of topics can be discussed:
- What is intellectual property? Do I own any intellectual property?
- How do I create intellectual property, and protect it?
- What rights do I have with respect to my intellectual property?
- What do I do if someone infringes my intellectual property?
- How do I transfer ownership of my intellectual property?
- How do I licence my intellectual property?
- From a legal perspective (rather than business), how do I monetize my intellectual property?
- Do I have trademark protection?
- Pros and cons of trademark registration and copyright registration.
- Intellectual property ownership and contractors.
- General information about inventions and patents.
- Protecting trade secrets.
- Non-Disclosure Agreements and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Requirements for a trademark, a patent, and copyright.
These 30 minute sessions are booked in advance on a first come, first served basis.
We are currently looking for an intellectual property expert to join our program! Are you an industry expert who is passionate about the small business community and entrepreneurial success? If you think your expertise is relevant to our audience, please complete our Ask the Expert RFP.
Upcoming Dates & Times
- Tuesday, September 12, 2017 (10:00 AM – 12:30 PM)
- Tuesday, October 17, 2017 (10:00 AM – 12:30 PM)
- Tuesday, November 21, 2017 (10:00 AM – 12:30 PM)
- Friday, December 15, 2017 (2:30 PM – 4:30 PM)
Presented by: Segev LLP