9:00 AM – Tradeshow Opens
Whether you need help with marketing, social media, funding, financing, taxes, sales, hiring or anything else, we’ve got you covered. Visit our tradeshow and make contact with the experts you need to grow your business.
10:30 AM – 11:05 AM – How to Build Meaningful Brands
- Developing cohesive brands – from service, to product, to marketing material
- Identifying your target market and how to engage with them
- How digital media can better help you connect with customers and new audiences
- Best practices for launching a new product or service
- How do you figure out what to bring on next?
With Steve Thorp, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Postmark Brewing, Vancouver Urban Winery and Belgard Kitchen; Co-Founder, FreshTAP and Roaring Twenties Wine Co.
Moderated by: Nick Rockel, Editor-In-Chief, BCBusiness
11:05 AM – 11:40 AM – Digital Marketing – The Right Channel for Your Brand (Workshop)
- How to decide which channel is suitable for your business
- How to connect with your audience
- The importance of content
11:40 AM – 12:15 PM – From Concept to International Brand: How Herschel Achieved Success
- Taking the leap: leaving your day job to become an entrepreneur
- Proving the theory wrong, to never mix business and family
- Giving products personality
- Developing strong partner and supplier networks
- Operational scaling: what works and what doesn’t
- Creating new product lines to increase profitability
With Lyndon Cormack, Managing Director and Co-Founder, Herschel Supply Co.
Moderated by: Farhan Mohamed, Editor-in-Chief and Partner, Daily Hive
12:15 PM – 1:00 PM – Networking
Take a break. Enjoy some food from the local Food Trucks that will join us on the turntable outside the event hall. Say hi to the experts you need to grow your business.
1:00 PM – 1:45 PM – Young Entrepreneurs: Their Journey to Startup Success
- Which startup tools and resources are the most useful when starting out
- Funding, financing, grants and loans. Your options
- Growing pains: Lessons learned in the first year of business
- The importance of developing goals and values
- Social Media Marketing: What works
- Aggressive Growth: How to achieve the next level of success.
Panel Discussion with:
Zach Berman, Co-Founder, The Juice Truck
Tara Bosch, Founder and CEO, SmartSweets
Garret Louie, Owner, Fortune Sound Club, Livestock and Timebomb Trading Inc
Brianne Miller, Founder and CEO, Nada
Mike Zaremba, Co-Founder, Float House; Co-Host, Vancouver Real
1:45 PM – 2:20 PM – Social Media Success and Sustainability (Workshop)
- Time saving tools for social media
- Sustainable engagement with your clients
2:20 PM – 2:30 PM – Networking
Have a question or want to connect with a business service provider? Take a walk around the tradeshow and find out how our exhibitors can help your business.
2:30 PM – 3:15 PM – Funding, Financing, Grants and Loans (Workshop)
- Finding capital for your small business
- What investors and financial institutions are looking for in your business
3:15 PM – 3:50 PM – Taxes and Accounting Tools and Advice (Workshop)
- Tax tips to save your business money
- The key financial statements and how to read them
- Tools needed to grow a financially stable company
3:50 PM – 4:25 PM – Keynote: The Journey from Employee to Entrepreneur to Franchise Mogul
- Lessons learned in 40 years of enterprise
- The importance of branding and advertising
- Engaging with Millennials
- Franchising: Assessing the benefits
- Achieving success: How to grow your business the right way
With U. Gary Charlwood, Founder and Chairman, Century 21 Canada LP, The Charlwood Pacific Group, Centum Financial Group Inc, Real Property Management LP and UNIGLOBE Travel International LP
4:25 PM – 4:30 PM – Closing Remarks
5:00 PM – 7:30 PM – Networking and Celebration of Entrepreneurship
Looking to network? Join us for a night of networking, drinks, messages from government and a keynote with a BC industry influencer, as we celebrate all things entrepreneurship and launch the Small Business Awards.
This is an event you don’t want to miss.