Friday, September 29, 2017 – Vancouver: On Monday, October 2, 2017, Small Business BC will host the Small Business Summit at the Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre in Vancouver.
The event features a business pitch competition with cash prizes, a free exhibition of small business support providers, a networking lunch featuring local food trucks and a ticketed education program aimed to help entrepreneurs gain practical skills and knowledge. Topics include: marketing, social media, funding, financing, taxes, sales, hiring and more. The program will be led by local business influencers, including:
- U. Gary Charlwood, Founder and Chairman, Century 21 Canada LP, The Charlwood Pacific Group, Centum Financial Group Inc, Real Property Management LP, UNIGLOBE Travel International LP
- Zach Berman, Co-Founder, The Juice Truck
- Tara Bosch, Founder and CEO, SmartSweets
- Mikey Scott, Global Marketing Director, Herschel Supply Co.
- Garret Louie, Owner, Fortune Sound Club, Livestock and Timebomb Trading Inc.
- Brianne Miller, Founder and CEO, Nada• Farhan Mohamed, Editor-in-Chief and Partner, Daily Hive
- Nick Rockel, Editor-In-Chief, BCBusiness
- Steve Thorp, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Postmark Brewing and Vancouver Urban Winery
- Mike Zaremba, Co-Founder, Float House; Co-Host, Vancouver Real• Candace Nancke, Managing Partner, Loren Nancke
- Jeanell Green, Regional Channel Partner Manager, Ceridian
- Helen Stepchuk, Director of Freshness, Cucumber Marketing Inc
- Shane Gibson, International Speaker and Author on social media marketing, social selling and sales performance
- Éric Baranes, Owner, La Baguette, and l’Echalote
In the evening, attendees will enjoy drinks, networking, keynotes and messages from government representatives, to help launch of the 15th Annual Small Business BC Awards and Open for Business Awards for nominations, along with a special announcement about this year’s Small Business Week celebrations.
More details on the Small Business Summit can be found at http://.sbbc.co/sbsummit2017.
“Small businesses are the cornerstone of B.C.’s economy – they support our diverse communities and create good jobs for people throughout the province. To strengthen B.C.’s small business environment, we’re creating a Small Business Task Force that will allow us to understand the needs of small businesses, so we can create the best policies and priorities help them thrive.” – Hon. Bruce Ralston, Minister of Jobs, Trade and Technology
“Small Business BC is delighted to once again be at the forefront of the province’s small business celebrations through the Small Business Summit. The event will provide entrepreneurs with many valuable opportunities to learn from a very exciting group of business influencers and network with those who provide support services.” – George Hunter, CEO, Small Business BC
“Our organization is very pleased to partner with Small Business BC for the Summit. It gives our entrepreneurs the opportunity to enlarge their network and learn additional skills from the numerous workshops that will be offered during the event.” – Donald Cyr, Executive Director Société de développement économique de la C.-B
“Being an entrepreneur is said to be a lonely endeavor, however, the entrepreneurial spirit and community of Vancouver has a strong bond. As an entrepreneur if you don’t find them they will find you as the power of collaboration between business’ and industries is undeniable. A high-tide raises all boats. Events like this offer incredible opportunities for inspiration, education and connection to form. Float House is a proud member of this bustling small-business community.” – Mike Zaremba, Co-Founder, Float House
“Nada is all about community and the best part of my job has been meeting so many inspiring people that are working to make the world a better place. Vancouver has an unbelievably vibrant social impact community and I’m looking forward to sharing all the resources we’ve been able to tap into as a new small business.” – Brianne Miller, Founder and CEO, Nada.
“Benchmark Law Corporation has been supporting small business owners for the past five years by ensuring that they have access to quality, affordable legal advice. We’re excited to be part of this year’s Summit and look forward to meeting lots of passionate and creative entrepreneurs from around the province.”– Dana Gordon, Owner, Benchmark Law Corporation
Senior Marketing Manager, Small Business BC
About Small Business BC
Small Business BC provides entrepreneurs with the information and guidance necessary to build a solid foundation for their business. Through a wide range of products, services, education and resources there’s a piece that fits with every business. No matter what stage or what skill level, when an entrepreneur finds themselves asking “How do I…?” Small Business BC is the one to call.