What will you learn at this workshop:
- It will take a look at large amounts of data – more specifically, hashtags from Twitter and campaign reports from Mailchimp – and use Processing to create beautiful and easy-to-understand visualizations based on our findings.
- A review on how to code simple mathematical equations and change variables, integers, colours and shapes to create unique and engaging outcomes.
- How to publish your live and interactive creation to the web, and how to go about collecting your own sets of data outside of the workshop.
- An overview of Processing, why it’s cool, and how you can use it in the workplace
- How to import a .csv file containing large amounts of data into Processing
- How to grab data from the .csv file and visually display it using geometrical shapes
- What a variable is, an integer and a float, and how these can be slightly changed to make a simple shape look more interesting
Location: OpenDNS 675 West Hastings Street Vancouver, BC V6B 1N2 Canada
Date/Time: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 |10:00 AM – Wednesday, June 7, 2017 | 4:00 PM
Register at: http://bit.ly/2pOsvm3
Event Contact Details
Contact Name: Ewuraesi Thompson
Contact Email: email@example.com