Posting Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Status: 9 Month Employment Contract (April 1, 2017 – December 22, 2017)
Export Navigator is an economic development initiative that aims to help growth-orientated small and medium-sized businesses become successful, profitable exporters. The program offers businesses access to community-based export specialists who will provide a personalized, step-by-step approach to exporting and help connect businesses to market information, export programs, financial services, and business development experts at every stage of the export process. Export Navigator is funded by the BC Ministry of International Trade and administered by Small Business BC.
Reporting to the Head of Special Projects, and Program Manager, the Program Coordinator will serve as the information ‘hub’ for the program; playing a key role in data collection & interpretation, quarterly reporting as well as program evaluation. They will provide support to the community-based Export Advisors, the Program Manager and other project stakeholders.
Job Specifics – What Will You Be Doing?
- Manage the overall reporting process, ensuring timely collection of data from the Export Advisors across the province
- Conduct integrity reviews on data received to ensure accuracy, consistent formatting, as data integrity is a critical piece of program evaluation
- Provide ongoing information and services support to Export Advisors during normal business hours
- Draft quarterly reports, as per the reporting templates and schedule developed by SBBC and the Province
- Organize, schedule and provide logistics support for meetings and training sessions
- Engage with local service providers in pilot communities (e.g. Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Office, etc.) to assist with program implementation
- Manage and update a Resource Catalogue as required. This includes filling gaps in services or information as they are identified and a quarterly update with new information obtained from the Advisory Council
- Track inventory of program related print materials
- Record and track travel expenses for the Program Manager
- Manage the revision, production and distribution of all program marketing materials (brochures, workbooks, e-communications, website content)
- Promotes Export Navigator by delivering participating in selected outreach activities
- Performs other job-related duties as required
Qualifications – What Are We Looking For?
- A degree or diploma in Business Management, International Business, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, or Commerce, or an equivalent blend of education and business related experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in business administration, and project coordination
- Experience with working in an office environment, coordinating schedules and appointments and managing confidential material and information with discretion
- Experience with data collection and report writing
- Experience with, or knowledge of, international trade subjects is an asset
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and relations is an asset
- Experience with developing marketing & communications materials (writing, coordinating production)
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, email, telephone)
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, Sharepoint, Outlook, CRM. Must have exceptional MS Excel skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and deal with multiple priorities
What We Can Offer You
- BCGEU Level: Range 14, step 1 $1,798.61 bi-weekly (non-negotiable)
(Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union)
- To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone inquiries please.
- Application Deadline: March 17, 2017