Posting Date: Wednesday, July 5, 2017
Status: Permanent, Full-time Employee
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a motivated individual with a passion for providing entrepreneurs with advisory services to assist them with their successful entry into small business ventures. Reporting to the Client Services Manager, this position is responsible for the delivery of professional quality importing and exporting advisory products and services to clients and to coordinate all of the international trade services of SBBC.
Job Specifics – What Will You Be Doing?
- Delivers one-on-one, user paid import and export advisory services to clients
- Develops and delivers seminars on a variety of trade topics
- Develops new trade related products, services and tools for SBBC to sell to clients
- Collaborates with other staff and consultants to ensure a full suite of appropriate services is available to clients
- Works to create working referral relationships within the international trade community and other organizations
- Represents SBBC as an expert on the topics of importing and exporting
- Keeps current on international trade related trends
- Evaluates readily available information, published and unpublished and deciding whether it is appropriate to refer subject matter to other SBBC staff
- Provides backup and client overflow support for the Business Advisor team, in all aspects of client services, during busy periods, breaks and staff vacations.
- Supports SBBC Communications/Marketing functions by doing outreach presentations
- Writes international trade related articles and provides content for SBBC website
- Performs other job-related duties as required
Qualifications – What We Are Looking For
- A degree or diploma in International Trade, International Business Management, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, and extensive consulting, and teaching experience, or an equivalent blend of education and business related experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience conducting international trade; both importing and exporting from Canada
- Experience exhibiting in trade shows in a foreign country and/or participation in trade missions abroad
- Experience with working in an office environment, managing confidential material and information with discretion
- Experience with public speaking / delivering presentations / panels / Meetups
- Knowledge of how to assess the barriers to entry in international markets, including duties, regulations, cost of entry, shipment costs, logistics etc. is an asset
- Knowledge of legislation that may affect the movement of products and services across domestic and international boundaries is an asset
- Knowledge of international market research methodologies, adapting products to market, packaging and sourcing related information
- General knowledge of a wide variety of business subjects including small business practices
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, email, telephone)
- Strong computer skills in MS Office 365, P.O.S, Outlook, CRM, Registrations Systems
- Ability to provide excellent customer service under pressure and deal with multiple priorities
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi)
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills, follow-through and ability to juggle competing priorities with limited supervision
What We Can Offer You
BCGEU Level: Range 18, step 1 $2,012.57 bi-weekly (non-negotiable)
(Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union)
Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone inquiries please.