Posting Date: May 17, 2017
Status: 3 month Contract June – August 2017, fulltime hours
Bizmap is a joint project between Small Business BC, the City of Vancouver and Metro Vancouver’s Business Improvement Associations to provide free, publicly accessible market-area statistics and business district data and information to help strengthen the economy of the community. Upon completion, the Bizmap website site will provide access to data organized specifically and geographically for BIAs and their surrounding market areas.
SBBC is seeking an excel wizard, who loves digging into data and building databases, and has a finesse for project management. Reporting to the Head of Special Projects, the Data Coordinator supports SBBC’s Market Research Analyst in data extraction, and analysis activities.
Job Specifics – What Will You Be Doing?
- Support SBBC’s Market Research Analyst in data extraction and analysis activities
- Work with web developer as a data expert and act as liaison between the developer and project team
- Monitor the quality of data through metrics dashboards and data profiling prior to publication
- Define, document and implement consistent standards and procedures for the project
- Assist with the development of website RFP and deliverables
- Contribute ideas for process improvements, best practices and innovation solutions
- Adhere to a strict project schedule, and keep team members and suppliers accountable
- Opportunity to create strategies for future revenue generation and scalable model
- Performs other job-related duties as required
Qualifications – What We Are Looking For
- A degree or diploma in Business Management, Computer Science, Commerce, Market Research, Statistics or an equivalent blend of education and business related experience
- Advanced experience with data collection, data verification and data translation
- Experience with software development languages such as PHP is an asset
- Experience managing digital project types (site builds, microsites, etc..) an asset
- Experience with data visualization software (i.e. Tableau) an asset
- Experience in SQL and Excel, generating pivot tables and reports
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- High attention to detail essential
- Excellent communication and documentation skills – technical and business terms
- Understanding of project management principals, essential
- Strong understanding of dynamic websites and user design principles
What We Can Offer You
BCGEU Level: Range 14, step 1 $1,798.61 bi-weekly (non-negotiable)
(Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union)
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone inquiries please.
Application Deadline: ASAP