Posting Date: February 27, 2017
Status: Co-op Term 4-8 months – Fulltime hours
Start Date: April 24, 2017
We are seeking a motivated co-op student who is interested in being part of a team that provides entrepreneurs with products and services to assist them with their successful entry into small business ventures. Reporting to the Client Services Manager & Vice President of Operations, this position is the first point of contact for SBBC’s clients and is responsible for the delivery of high quality customer service and sales to clients as well as provide administrative support to the Vice President of Operations.
Job Specifics – What Will You Be Doing?
- Monitors and maintains client reception area & provides front-line counter, telephone and email customer service and sales to clients of SBBC
- Triage clients and refer them to internal and/external resources, products and services including conducting needs assessments and initiates the appropriate action or referral to Business Advisors or Analysts for further service or assessment
- Processes payments, schedules client appointments and follows up with Business Advisors
- Performs opening and closing procedures for cash desk and reception
- Orders facility and office supplies
- Enters client contact and interaction information into SBBC’s CRM
- Provides administrative assistance for Client Services including replenishing publications, photocopying, sorting and filing; removing out of date information
- Provides administrative assistance to the Vice President, Operations including inputting, exporting data from a collection and reporting systems, compile quarterly reports for internal & external stakeholders, file and organize records
- Promotes SBBC products and services by delivering various outreach activities
- Performs other job-related duties as required
Qualifications – What Are We Looking For?
- Pursuing a degree or diploma in Sales and Marketing, Business Management, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, or Commerce, and extensive Customer Service experience, or an equivalent blend of education and business related experience
- Experience in business administration, sales and/or customer service
- Experience with working in an office environment, coordinating schedules & appointments and managing confidential material and information with discretion
- Experience with public speaking / delivering presentations
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, email, telephone)
- Strong computer skills in MS Office 2010, P.O.S, Outlook, CRM, Registrations Systems
- Ability to provide excellent customer service under pressure and deal with multiple priorities
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi)
- Ability to set-up basic office equipment, including computers
- Ability to lift (40) lbs
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills, follow-through and ability to juggle competing priorities with limited supervision
What We Can Offer You
- BCGEU Level: Range 5, step 1 $1,407.83 bi-weekly (non-negotiable)
(Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union)
- To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com No phone inquiries please.
- Application Deadline: Friday, March 24, 2017