Whether it’s your favourite brunch spot, a local Mom and Pop convenience store, or a BC-made product, the Small Business BC Awards are your chance to show local small business owners they’re worthy of recognition.
Small Businesses form the backbone of British Columbia’s economy, employing more than one million people while also delivering essential services. Our awards, sponsored by Canada Post, recognize the entrepreneurs that make our province such an amazing place to live, work and play through their efforts. Nominated businesses can benefit from the amazing marketing and PR opportunities the Awards present, and if they win, they’ll receive a cash prize of $1,500, and an All-Access Pass to Small Business BC education and experts for one whole year.
Our 10 award categories cover a wide spectrum of the business world, so whether you’ve been in business for years, or are still in the planning stages, there’s an award for you. The categories this year are as follows:
- Premier’s People’s Choice Award – Sponsored by the Province of British Columbia
- Best Apprentice Training – Sponsored by the Industry Training Authority (ITA)
- Best Community Impact – Sponsored by Vancity
- Best Company –Sponsored by Sage
- Best Concept – Sponsored by Rogers
- Best Employer – Sponsored by Trushield
- Best Immigrant Entrepreneur
- Best Innovation
- Best International Trade – Sponsored by UPS
- Best Marketer
Celebrating Our 15th Anniversary
This year marks a special milestone for the awards. Our 15th year. To celebrate, this year’s Awards Gala will take place at the Vancouver Convention Centre, on February 23, 2018. And to help us celebrate we will joined by the Open for Business Awards.
Open for Business Awards
The Open for Business Awards recognize and celebrate communities that best demonstrate they are promoting and adopting business friendly initiatives within their region. The Awards provide an important platform for local government to learn and share Best Practices, and showcase winning initiatives that have contributed to the success of local businesses. The categories are as follows:
- Small Communities (<5,000 residents)
- Medium Communities (5,000 to 25,000 residents)
- Large Communities (>25,000 residents)
- First Nations Communities (all sizes)
This is the first-time nominations have been opened to both the public and the community through the sbbcawards.ca website.
Tickets are now on sale for the 2018 Small Business BC Awards. Quantities are limited, so secure your spot today!