Annual INSPIRE Celebration of Entrepreneurship
This year marks the 10th anniversary of Small Business Month in BC, an occasion celebrated each October to recognize the important contributions of small businesses to the economy and our local communities.
Come celebrate the start of Small Business Month with Small Business BC, BC’s leading entrepreneurs and CEOs and 400 small and medium-size business owners, government representatives and industry influencers at Small Business BC’s 7th Annual INSPIRE Celebration of Entrepreneurship at the TELUS World of Science presented by Small Business BC and TD on September 29, 2016.
|5:30 PM – 6:30 PM||Networking Event|
|6:45 PM – 6:47 PM
|Welcome||Cheryl Carter, Chair of the Board, Small Business BC|
|6:47 PM – 6:49 PM
|Title Sponsor Message||Lionel Laflamme, District Vice President, Business Banking, TD Bank Group|
|6:49 PM – 6:51 PM
|Small Business Month Announcement||Cheryl Carter, Chair of the Board, Small Business BC|
|6:51 PM – 7:00 PM||Strength of BC’s Small Business Sector, and the Proclamation of Small Business Month||Hon. Coralee Oakes, Minister of Small Business, Red Tape Reduction and Liquor Distribution|
|7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
|Panel Discussion: Developing Successful Operations from the Ground Up
|Charles Chang, President and Founder, Lyra Growth Partners; Founder, Vega
Bradford Cooke, Founder and CEO, Endeavour Silver Corp.
Darryll Frost, Founder and President, Central City Brewers & Distillers
Tom Leavitt, Founder and CEO, Leavitt Machinery
Sunny Lenarduzzi, Radio and Television Host/Reporter, City TV
|8:00 PM – 8:30 PM||Keynote Presentation 1: Advancing Teams, Technology and Innovation to Become an Industry Leader||Alexander Fernandes, Founder, President, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board, Avigilon Corporation|
|8:30 PM – 9:00 PM
|Keynote Presentation 2: How Success is Created – The Purdys Story||Peter Higgins, President and Chocolate Scientist, Purdys Chocolatier|
|9:00 PM – 9:15 PM||Closing Remarks and TD Door Prize Giveaway
|Cheryl Carter, Chair of the Board, Small Business BC
Lionel Laflamme, District Vice President, Business Banking, TD Bank Group
INSPIRE is the province’s largest Small Business Month kick-off event. It features free drinks, canapés, networking, interactive panel sessions and keynotes from industry leaders and government representatives.
Hon. Coralee Oakes, Minister of Small Business, Red Tape Reduction and Liquor Distribution, Province of British Columbia will be presenting Small Business BC with the Proclamation of Small Business Month, as well as discussing the Strength of BC’s Small Business Sector.
Presenters from CityTV, Endeavour Silver Corp., Central City Brewers & Distillers, Leavitt Machinery and Vega will join an insightful panel discussion to share their business stories, advice and more importantly, their inspiration, on:
Developing Successful Operations From the Ground Up
- Developing strong leadership within an organization
- How technology can be used to help drive a business forward
- Implementing systems and processes to achieve the next phase of growth
- Operational scaling: what works, what doesn’t
- Using business innovation to create social change
This year’s special panel speakers include:
- Charles Chang, President and Founder, Lyra Growth Partners; Founder, Vega
- 2015 BIV 40 Under 40; 2014 EY 2014 Pacific Entrepreneur Of The Year – B2C Products and Services
- Bradford Cooke, Founder and CEO, Endeavour Silver Corp.
- 2016 BCBusiness Top 100 B.C.’s Biggest Companies by Revenue
- Darryll Frost, Founder and President, Central City Brewers & Distillers
- 2016 Vancouver International Spirits Competition Awards Winner; 2016 Canadian Craft Brewing Awards Winner
- Tom Leavitt, Founder and CEO, Leavitt Machinery
- 2015 Business Excellence Award – Large Business of the Year; 2014 BCBusiness Pacific Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Sunny Lenarduzzi, Radio and Television Host/Reporter, City TV
- 2016 BCBusiness 30 Under 30; 2014 Western Canada Notable Awards Best in Social Media
And special guest speakers will deliver keynote presentations on how they became industry influencers, valuable insight into success and how other small business owners can follow their lead. We’re proud to present our first keynote, Peter Higgins, President and Chocolate Scientist, Purdys Chocolatier, the winner of the 2015 Climate Smart Greenest City Leadership Award and the 2013 EY Family Business Award of Excellence, speaking on:
Keynote Presentation: How Success is Created: The Purdys Story
- Reviewing our business’ 110-year road to success
- Examining key developments over the past 10 years:
- Leadership approach
- Unique products and service
- Making your team stronger
- Strategic efforts to build success
- Overcoming challenges of developing new products and customer bases
- Understanding the community and consumer
- Creating products with a personality to sell the idea that you’re a part of
Plus, don’t miss our headline keynote presenter, Alexander Fernandes, Founder, President, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Avigilon, the winner of the 2015-2009 Deloitte Fast 50’s Fastest Growing Technology Companies and the 2011 PROFIT 200 Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies, speaking on:
Keynote Presentation: Advancing Teams, Technology and Innovation to Become an Industry Leader
- Pushing yourself to the limit and beyond for rapid growth
- Tips and tools for building and motivating an all-star team
- Viewing your business as an outlet for competitiveness, and winning
- Realizing the importance of R&D in your company’s growth strategy
- Investing in innovation and products development
Don’t wait! INSPIRE 2014 and 2015 were sold out events. Register for your tickets in advance now to benefit from our Early Bird discounted pricing.
Tickets include canapés, two free drink tickets courtesy of Dirty Laundry Vineyard and Left Field Cider Co. and a chance to win one of many prizes in the door prize draw.
Spread the Word
Let your network know about the 7th Annual INSPIRE Celebration of Entrepreneurship presented by Small Business BC and TD Bank Group. Download and post these Small Business BC INSPIRE shareables across your social network and with your email list now!